Followers

Friday 19 January 2018

Mermaid Queen

Hello everyone, I have a card to share today using the stamps featured on last month's TV shows on Hochanda. The images I have used were from the Mermaid Queen and Underwater stamp sets.

I had a pretty background lurking in my stash created using inks and mica powder with cling film onto a piece of plain card, which when dried created beautiful silvery patterns on the card. I felt that this would be a perfect backdrop for a watery scene. I wanted a feeling of looking through the water at the images, and so I stamped straight onto the background with Jet Black Archival Ink, and coloured the images using Derwent Procolour pencils. The mica on the background gives a floaty effect of water both in front of and behind the images.

Where there were gaps between the three individual images, I used a fine permanent marker pen to join the images up using small dots, as Sue has drawn on the images themselves. This way, it looks as if the three images all form part of one larger piece. I have also used common colours across the three sections to tie everything together. Creating a scene this way avoids the need to mask any images, and speeds up the process considerably.

Finally, I edged the background with Lucky Clover Distress Ink before attaching it to a large white card blank.

I hope that my card will inspire you to create something using these lovely stamps yourselves. I will be back later in the month with another nautical project. Thanks for stopping by, xx


4 comments:

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A stunning card Judith, I love the background it suits these stamps so well.

Sue xx

Evy Browning said...

That background has worked superbly to give the effect of underwater, especially with the way you stamped the images straight onto it. The colours throughout are wonderful & she certainly does look like a queen. The russet browns really stand out against the greens (colour theory beautifully in play, especially with that bladderwrack type seaweed. The way you coloured the seabed so as to echo the orangey parts of the water is lovely & I especially like the way the whole scene looks as if there's sunlight coming through the water from above.

cuilliesocks said...

I love this Judith, the colours, images and design are wonderful love it, Kate x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow!! Your background is just amazing and perfect for the wonderful mermaid!!! LOVE this card!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...