Followers

Sunday 31 December 2017

New Year Wish

Hello everyone, I hope that you all had a lovely Christmas and are enjoying a bit of quiet time over the festive break. This year seems to have gone so fast, and has brought many changes, I even made my first tentative steps onto live TV! Whatever you have done and are looking forward to in the months ahead, I would like to wish you all a very Happy New Year, and a healthy, creative 2018.

I have some cards to share with you today using stamps featured in last month's TV shows on Hochanda. I made a background using Brushos, spritzed with water. I wanted to create a Wintery sky, and so I chose Turquoise, Lilac and Grey for the background. I stamped a large butterfly from the Tangled Garden stamp set using Stazon Jet Black Ink onto a piece of sparkly acetate, and stuck this to a piece of coloured background that I had in my scrap box. By chance, this was a very similar colour to my Brusho background. I fussy cut the butterfly out, omitting the antennae.

I stamped and embossed the sentiment from the Words of Inspiration stamp set, and an image from the Seasonal Fragments stamp set onto the background using Versamark and silver embossing powder. I added a few sparkly gems randomly throughout the fragment images. Just before I stuck the butterfly to the background, I stamped the antennae onto the background, using black ink.

Here are a couple more of my show projects, a pretty gelli plate card using another image from the Tangled garden stamp set:


A necklace and tag using images from the Bold Blooms and Words of Inspiration stamp sets. I have used shrink plastic to create the necklace:

Finally, a card made using Soft Form Relief Paste to create the focal point, adding gilding wax over the top, to pick out the fabulous detail of the stamp:


Thanks for stopping by,

3 comments:

Evy Browning said...

I think the project that stands out here is your necklace & the way you've presented it on the tag. Your wintery sky in the first is utterly effective & I can imagine the whole design is beautifully sparkly & glistens. Hoping everything goes well for you in 2018.

cuilliesocks said...

Wishing you and your family a New Year filled with Health, Happiness and Kindness Judith, and I hope to see more of you on Hochanda with Lesley, Kate x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Very beautiful creations and the first card has a stunning blue, LOVE that sky!
Happy New Year!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...