Followers

Tuesday 18 July 2017

Flowers in Her Hair

Hello everyone, I have a colourful card to share with you today, featuring the Summer Fayre stamp that was part of the recent Chocolate Baroque TV shows on Hochanda.

I have stamped the image onto a square topper, and then masked the image. I coloured the background with Peeled Paint Distress Oxide Ink, and then loosely coloured the image with Zig Clean Colour markers, sometimes using a water brush to dilute the colours.

I created a larger background using matching colours of  Distress Oxide Ink, (Peeled Paint, Worn Lipstick, Fossilized Amber), and spritzed the background with water, to blend the colours a little. Once the background was dry, I stamped an image from the Poppy Edges stamp set, to frame the central image, using Barn Door Distress Ink. I added a large red bow before I assembled the card, choosing a toning olive green card to finish.

I hope you like her pink hair and green eyeshadow. She reminds me of a festival goer, with her bright accessories!

Thanks for stopping by, xx

1 comment:

Evy Browning said...

It's so effective the way you've stamped the poppy edging to frame the whole design & echo the vibrantly coloured flowers in her hair along with the butterfly. In a strange way the face & hair melt into the background yet are there when you look closely. The red bow is a terrific finishing touch as is the olive cardstock matting. Superb use of the Christmas colours to create a very summery design!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...