Followers

Wednesday 10 May 2017

Sunset Sky

Hello everyone, it's the final week of the current Colour Challenge, over on the Chocolate Baroque Challenge Blog. I am adding my own piece of inspiration to the blog this week in the form of a card. I always enjoy making cards for the Challenge when I have the time, as it gives me an opportunity to use often forgotten or unused stamps to create a project. I have a vast collection of Chocolate Baroque stamps, having been a fan for many years, and on the Design Team for a loooong time as well.

I have chosen a bird theme for my card, and decided that a sunset would be perfect using these colours. I cut a small piece of hot pressed watercolour card, and created a wash over the card, masking off a circle for the sun. I used the turquoise at the top, and the red at the bottom, which became more pink as it was diluted. I used water based markers, scribbled onto my craft mat to create the wash, and a large paintbrush, spritzing extra water on the mat, to get a watery effect.

I removed the circle, and coloured in the sun, using a yellow marker, then added streaks of red to give the sunset effect. I also added some white charcoal, blending it slightly, to give an airy feeling to the sky.

I stamped the silhouette image from the Let Your Heart Sing stamp set, using Potting Soil Archival Ink, and added some brown pen, to ground the image. I diluted the pen slightly with a water brush.

I created the larger background by blending Broken China, Fired Brick and Fossilized Amber Distress Oxide Inks over a larger piece of watercolour paper, and spritzing them with water, before drying with a heat gun. I edged both backgrounds with the brown Archival Ink, and attached the smaller background to the larger one, before stamping the sentiment from the Fly Away with Me stamp set. I attached the background to a large kraft card blank.

There is still plenty of time to enter the Colour Challenge, so do pop over to the blog, and see the inspiration provided by my Team Mates. This week, we are also taking a look at some of the fabulous entries we have received so far.

Thanks for stopping by, xx

3 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Stunning card and gorgeous colours.x ♥[aNNie]

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow!!! Amazing colours and fabulous design!!! It's a great inspirations, thanks!!

Evy Browning said...

Your sunset with the wispiness of the red & white across the sun & sky is so effective & I particularly like your use of the Potting Soil archival ink for the bird making the whole effect a lot softer than if using black - the kraft base card is such a lovely foil for it too with the brown ink edging. My favourite bit is the way the streakiness of the sky in the small panel blends off into the larger panel to the left.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...