Followers

Saturday 15 April 2017

Speedy Distress Ink Cards

Hello everyone, I have a couple of quick cards to share with you today. These form part of a much bigger blog post over on the Chocolate Baroque Design Team Blog, that is a regular monthly feature, entitled Fifteen Minute Cards. The aim is to create cards in fifteen minutes or less, and we aim to share our tips and techniques for both beginner and more advanced stampers, to create both stylish and speedy cards.

For my first card, I created a wrinkle free distress background, using Fossilized Amber Distress Ink on my craft mat, spritzing it with water, and then patting a piece of smooth watercolour card onto the ink to pick up the colour. I dried the card, and then gently picked some of the droplets of ink left on the craft mat, to create a second layer of colour over the first, before dying the card again.

I used a stencil on two corners of the card, inking through the stencil with both Fossilized Amber and Tea Dye Distress Ink, to add a deeper colour. I stamped three bees from the Honey Bee stamp set, and coloured these with pencils. Finally, I added a sentiment from the Words of Wisdom stamp set.

I used a strip of left over card that had already been coloured in the same way as the first background, left over from another project, this time in shades of blue and green. I used the Silhoutte Palace 1 and Silhouette Palace 2 masks, joining them together, as I wanted a longer line to fill the card, and inked two shades of green through the masks. I also stamped the Large Crackle Background through the masks, using Versafine Onyx Black Ink. I used an image from the Floral Edges stamp set to stamp along the bottom of the background, without an acrylic block, so that I could use small portions of the image here and there, exactly where I wanted it. I used first and second generation stamping for more depth. I added some birds from the Landscape Edges stamp set, and a sentiment from the Words to Dazzle and Sparkle stamp set. I adhered the background to a large black card blank for added drama.

Head over to the Design Team Blog to see the rest of the cards designed by my Team mates. Thanks for stopping by, xx


2 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wonderful both, and just LOVE the crackle look of the village in the second one!

Evy Browning said...

Interesting to see two quite different uses of the wrinkle free distress backgrounds. The second is fascinating & I particularly like the effect of the crackle stamping through the buildings' of the stencil. The depth created by your different stamping generations is effective too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...