Hello everyone, I have a couple of projects to share with you today. My projects are from last month's TV shows on Hochanda, featuring a selection of Chocolate Baroque's Spring themed stamps. Just the thing to banish those rainy day blues.
first project, I created a background using Pan Pastels on a piece of
smooth white card. I used shades of yellow and orange and added a hint
of Plum Pan Pastel around the edges. Using Versamark Ink, I stamped the
butterfly flourish image randomly over the background, and dusted Pan
Pastels over the top to complete the background.
cut a rectangular panel and stamped the two butterflies from the
butterfly flourish image onto the panel before masking them. (To stamp just the butterfly from the image, I used masking tape to cover the areas of the stamp that I did not need, inked up the stamp, and removed the masking tape before I stamped the image). I then
stamped the lovely large flower image from the Breath of Spring
stamp set, and also masked this image.
I kept the die in place on my die cut panel so that I would have a white border around the panel once I had added any background colour. I added Pan Pastels, using a
selection of yellow and orange colours to create an ombre
background, starting with the lightest colour at the top, graduating
down to the darkest colour at the bottom. I removed the masks, and
coloured the images with pencils, before adhering both panels to a large
white card blank.
Spring Foliage stamp set. I edged the tag with Victorian Velvet Distress Ink, and stamped the pretty bird image from the Spring Bird Crocus stamp set onto the tag. I added a sentiment from the Glorious Spring
stamp set. I coloured the images with pencils, as before. To get my
ribbon to match perfectly, I took some pale cream seam binding ribbon, and ran it
through some Victorian Velvet Distress Ink and water that I had placed
onto my craft mat. I simply dried the ribbon with my heat gun, and
ironed it on a low setting. I already had some green organza ribbon that was a good match, but otherwise, I would have created some green ribbon in the same way.