Followers

Tuesday 21 March 2017

Mini Pink Pig Journal

Hello everyone, I am sharing a project today using a mini 4" Pink Pig Journal. This little journal is really cute, and the perfect size for creating little double page spreads, or for crafting on the move. The pages will take a lot of water, are great for mixed media, as they are 150 gsm, but you could also use them for tangling, as they are very smooth, and the perfect size.
I have used a stamp from the Spring Bird Daffodil stamp set to create my project, stamping the image using Versafine Onyx Black Ink. I used the foliage part of the image to create a border on both pages, leaving enough space to insert a sentiment when I had finished the project.

I coloured the background with a wash of watered down Broken China Distress Oxide Ink, using a large brush. I added splatters of the same ink over the top. I coloured the images with Distress Oxide  Ink and a water brush, and added more depth of colour afterwards with Zig Clean Colour markers and Faber Castell Aquarelle pencils. I added some shading around the edge of the pages by adding Mermaid Lagoon Distress Ink with a blending tool.

Finally I added a sentiment from the Glorious Spring stamp set.

Thanks for stopping by, xx


2 comments:

Evy Browning said...

I love the way you created the background for the words echoing the opposite page beautifully & then placing the bird looking at the words. The font of the words matches the curliness of the flowers superbly & I particularly like the way you clouded them. This little journal is just the kind of thing to take with you on a journey for tangling - perfect size. A micron pen with pencil & blending stump plus the journal would give hours of pleasure.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Amazing giornal pages, love so much your background the branches on the edges and the sweet bird! Fab colouring and great sentiment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...