Tuesday, 21 March 2017

Mini Pink Pig Journal

Hello everyone, I am sharing a project today using a mini 4" Pink Pig Journal. This little journal is really cute, and the perfect size for creating little double page spreads, or for crafting on the move. The pages will take a lot of water, are great for mixed media, as they are 150 gsm, but you could also use them for tangling, as they are very smooth, and the perfect size.
I have used a stamp from the Spring Bird Daffodil stamp set to create my project, stamping the image using Versafine Onyx Black Ink. I used the foliage part of the image to create a border on both pages, leaving enough space to insert a sentiment when I had finished the project.

I coloured the background with a wash of watered down Broken China Distress Oxide Ink, using a large brush. I added splatters of the same ink over the top. I coloured the images with Distress Oxide  Ink and a water brush, and added more depth of colour afterwards with Zig Clean Colour markers and Faber Castell Aquarelle pencils. I added some shading around the edge of the pages by adding Mermaid Lagoon Distress Ink with a blending tool.

Finally I added a sentiment from the Glorious Spring stamp set.

Thanks for stopping by, xx

Thursday, 9 March 2017

Spring Time Pastels

Hello everyone, I have a couple of projects to share with you today. My projects are from last month's TV shows on Hochanda, featuring a selection of Chocolate Baroque's Spring themed stamps. Just the thing to banish those rainy day blues.

For my first project, I created a background using Pan Pastels on a piece of smooth white card. I used  shades of yellow and orange and added a hint of Plum Pan Pastel around the edges. Using Versamark Ink, I stamped the butterfly flourish image randomly over the background, and dusted Pan Pastels over the top to complete the background.

I die cut a rectangular panel and stamped the two butterflies from the butterfly flourish image onto the panel before masking them. (To stamp just the butterfly from the image, I used masking tape to cover the areas of the stamp that I did not need, inked up the stamp, and removed the masking tape before I stamped the image). I then stamped the lovely large flower image from the Breath of Spring stamp set, and also masked this image.

I kept the die in place on my die cut panel so that I would have a white border around the panel once I had added any background colour. I added Pan Pastels, using a selection of yellow and orange colours to create an ombre background, starting with the lightest colour at the top, graduating down to the darkest colour at the bottom. I removed the masks, and coloured the images with pencils, before adhering both panels to a large white card blank.

To create my second project, I covered a large Tando Tag with a piece of watercolour paper that I had coloured myself with Distress Ink, using Spun Sugar and Shabby Shutters Distress Ink. I stamped some foliage over the background to give a feeling of depth using the same pale green ink, using an image from the Spring Foliage stamp set. I edged the tag with Victorian Velvet Distress Ink, and stamped the pretty bird image from the Spring Bird Crocus stamp set onto the tag. I added a sentiment from the Glorious Spring stamp set. I coloured the images with pencils, as before. To get my ribbon to match perfectly, I took some pale cream seam binding ribbon, and ran it through some Victorian Velvet Distress Ink and water that I had placed onto my craft mat. I simply dried the ribbon with my heat gun, and ironed it on a low setting. I already had some green organza ribbon that was a good match, but otherwise, I would have created some green ribbon in the same way.

Thanks for stopping by, xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...