Followers

Saturday 15 October 2016

Speedy Birthday Card

Hello everyone, I have a speedy card to share with you today, part of a larger blog post over on the Design Team blog that features quick cards that take no longer than fifteen minutes to make. We run this feature twice a month and hope to demonstrate how versatile Chocolate Baroque stamps can be for those cards in a hurry, for batch cards, or when you do not want to make a really complicated, multi-layered card, that takes hours on end.

I chose to use one of the Baroque Ornament stamps, which is a really good size, and stamped and embossed the image randomoly all over the background, using Versamark and white embossing powder. I like to use Wow embossing powder, I find that it is the best I have come across for giving a great impression. I used three different colours of Distress Ink to blend across the background, and decided not to be conventional with my colour choice this time, I was going to go safe and choose a pretty violet to add to my blue and green, but I picked a random salmon to add into the mix, just for a change!

Once I had blended the background, I spritzed some water over the background, left it a few seconds, and blotted some of the water away, for a mottled effect. I embossed a sentiment onto a strip of vellum, and then added some gems to finish.

I can see this being a great store cupboard card, and fancy making a few more colour ways and trying a gold embossed version with some more vibrant backgrounds too. Thanks for stopping by, xx


4 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

This is so sweet and inspiring, and love very much your background!

cuilliesocks said...

Beautiful card Judith, lovely colours and love the flower image, Kate x

craftimamma said...

Beautiful card Judith! Adore the pretty colours which are perfect for the delicate image.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Evy Browning said...

A really super idea with, as you say, many variations possible to make a batch of cards. The sentiment on the vellum strip makes the eye look again & then see the cloudy muted colours emanating from behind to join with the clearly defined ink colours of the background itself - fascinating to see how you've carried the idea of muted/frosted mottling through with your water spraying over the whole.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...