Followers

Wednesday 12 October 2016

Rainy Day Blues

Hello everyone, it's the final week of the current colour challenge on the Chocolate Baroque Challenge Blog. The colour scheme is a monochrome scheme, blues and teals, and perhaps it has been a bit more difficult than some for everyone to use, as we have had less entries than normal. I have created another card to provide a bit more inspiration perhaps, and maybe help you come up with some ideas for a project to enter into the challenge. As we have had so few entries involving Chocolate Baroque stamps this month, there is a really good chance that you could win the prize by taking part. So all I can say is, why not have a go, you never know, you might be lucky!

I have had the idea for this card rumbling around in my head ever since the Seasonal Fragments stamp set was released, but just never got around to making it. I stamped and embossed the raindrops image several times around the edge of the card using seafoam embossing powder. I then covered the card using Salty Ocean Distress Ink, leaving a paler area in the middle. I stamped the sentiment from the Loving Sentiments stamp set using Nautical Blue Memento Ink.

I stamped the top part of the large sail boat from the Steampunkery stamp set onto a pretty blue scrapbook paper from Crafty Individuals and cut out the section that I needed. (I used five images). I stuck the images down and trimmed the excess off, and then added the spare pieces to the edges of the background. I then drew umbrella handles with a fine-tipped marker pen. Finally, I edged the background with the Nautical Blue ink, before adhering it to a white card blank.


Thanks for stopping by, xx

7 comments:

Gerrina said...

A beauty (but blue is my favorite colour...) Hope all is well with you and your family! Hugs, Gerrina

Aquarius said...

Clever use of the stamp to make brollies - wouldn't have thought of that!

craftimamma said...

What a fabulous card! Perfect sentiment for the imagery!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Judith what a wonderful card, and your use of the boat shape for an umbrella is brilliant, lovely sentiment and beautifully designed. I'm surprised that not more folk have joined in the challenge, I think the colours are brilliant, it just goes to show how differently we all perceive colours, Kate x

craftimamma said...

Very clever card and love the sentiment to go with the brollies.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow! I have never tought that your umbrellas was made by a sail boat stamp!! Genial!
You have drawn the other parts so well! And love the raindrops! Amazing work!

Evy Browning said...

I had to smile reading the sentiment & love the way you've made it the focal point with that lovely cloudy effect created by the ink blending. I love seeing CB stamps put to 'other' uses & this is a fine example of versatile the stamps are.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...