Followers

Friday 30 September 2016

Colourful Butterflies

Hello everyone, over on the Design Team Blog, we run a feature twice a month called Fifteen Minute Cards. The Design Team girls create quick cards in under fifteen minutes and we add a short description alongside each card for the viewer to see how the cards were made.

For the current post, I have made a card using stamps from the Butterfly Blush stamp set to create a multi-coloured background. I used a variety of Memento Inks, and stamped the images onto a piece of white card, building up the images until I had more or less covered the background. Sometimes I used second generation stamping to give a variety of shades, and a feeling of depth to the background. I then added a co-ordinating image from the Just Butterflies stamp set, which I coloured with Zig Clean Colour Brush Markers. I stamped part of the image onto the background first, to get the antennae onto the background, saving me the job of cutting them out.

I added a sentiment from the Pretty Poppies stamp set, and a string of dots trailing from the butterfly with the aid of a stencil, using a fine-tipped black marker.

Please pop over to the Design Team Blog to see the inspiration provided by the rest of my Team mates. Thanks for stopping by, xx

4 comments:

Evy Browning said...

Those butterfly stamp sets are fantastically versatile aren't they? I love the blues & purples with that little pop of orange for the butterfly body drawing the eye. Fascinating to see how you only used the aqua colour on the wings thus drawing the eye to the focal image.

cuilliesocks said...

Such a pretty card Judith, beautiful colours and stamping, love how you've created your background, Kate x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Sweet card, love the butterfly theme and the light background! Beautiful colours and stamp!

Aquarius said...

Love this butterfly card. Thanks for your comments on the crochet blanket. Have a great time at the show - it will be great to see the finished articles for real I'm sure.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...