Followers

Friday 15 April 2016

Fifteen Minutes or Less


Hello everyone, we are launching a new bi-monthly blog post over on the Design Team Blog, starting today, and the theme will be cards created in fifteen minutes or less. We always try to provide inspiration on the Design Team Blog, using the stamps in imaginitive and innovative ways, and try to create a balance of styles and projects for all abilities. We do feel that sometimes the beginner stampers, or those looking for quick card ideas can get overlooked. The cards may be clean and simple in style, or simply quick to make. Hopefully, they will stretch the use of stamps that are already in your stash, giving you lots of new ideas as we work our way through some of our own stamps, and revisit some of our favourites. You will see samples created by both the Design Team and the Guest Design Team, who are joining us along the way.

I have made a quick card for the first blog post using a really pretty tree stamp from the Essence of Nature stamp set. I have not used this stamp enough, as it is such a lovely image. I created a mask using cheap copy paper, die cutting an oval shape from the centre. I sprayed some lime green Dylusion spray through the mask onto some card, and then carefully removed the mask. I dried the spritzed area with a heat gun, and stamped the tree image with Versafine Onyx Black Ink. I also stamped the image again onto spare card, as I wanted a few extra butterflies.

I spritzed some orange, yellow and pink Dylusion spray onto my craft mat, just a little bit, and using a brush, painted the butterflies with the spray. I cut out a few of the larger ones from the secon image, and stuck them to the original for dimension. I added a sentiment from the Birthday Words stamp set, and matted the background onto a black card blank.


Look out for lots of inspiration on the Design Team blog, it is a jam-packed issue, full of beautiful artwork from my Team Mates. Thanks for stopping by, xx

3 comments:

Zoe said...

Beautiful, fresh colour xx Zoe xx

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Judith, beautiful card, great colours and a simple easy design, Kate x

Evy Browning said...

A super example of what can be quickly achieved. The design is eye-catching with the bright colours offset by the black & white & I like the way the sentiment starts off in the image panel then extends across into the white - it balances the tree perfectly with the script flourishes echoing the butterflies' wings.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...