Followers

Monday 29 February 2016

Vintage Paper projects


Hello everyone, I have been playing with a great mixed media pack available from Chocolate Baroque called the Vintage Style Play Pack. It is jam-packed full of bits and pieces, and will give you plenty of supplies to create lots of projects, combined with some of your existing stash. There are vintage book papers, pieces of grey board, mini envelopes, ribbons, buttons, and other embellishmebts to complete lots of cards and mixed media projects.

I have three projects to show you today, but hope to make several more projects using this great pack in the coming weeks.

For my first project, I took a piece of the book paper, and trimmed it to size, and then stamped and embossed a large flourish from the Nature Swirls stamp set over the background. I used vanilla white embossing powder, which is a lovely off white colour. I added some Fossilized Amber Distress Ink to the background, cleaning over the white embossing with  piece of kitchen paper afterwards. I die cut a flower in three different sizes from both book paper, and a piece of crinoline, and coloured the die cuts with the same colour Distress Ink. I simply patted the ink pad onto a craft mat and spritzed the ink with water, before swiping the flowers through the ink. I dried the flowers with a heat gun, scrunching them up, as they dried, to get them to stay crinkly. I attached them together using a brad, and then stuck one of the buttons from the pack on the top.

To finish the card, I chose a kraft card blank, and added a couple of toning layers of card to mat the book paper onto. I added some ribbon and a strip of hessian from the paper pack across the background, and then die cut some leaves from some extra kraft card, before finally attaching the flower.

For my second project, I decided to use some of the small greyboard panels, and attach them to a long skinny canvas. I stuck some of the book paper to the panels, using matte medium, and left them to dry. I painted the canvas and the panels with a range of acrylic paints in blue, green and yellow tones, using a baby wipe to blend the colours together. I created several layers of colour, drying each layer with a heat gun, and once I was happy with the blend, I added a touch of deep blue and purple around the edges.

I stamped a script stamp onto tissue paper and adhered this using matte medium. I stuck the panels onto the canvas, and then added some stencilling to the background using some coloured texture paste. I wanted to add a bit of interest to the greyboard panels, and so I embossed a cog texture stamp randomly onto them using Versamark, and some copper embossing powder. I also added a butterfly image from The Rose Tree stamp set, which I coloured with pencils.

To finish, I added touches of gilding wax, and a cog kindly donated by my hubby.


My final project was a happy accident, as I had some paint left on my craft mat after the canvas project. I hate to waste paint, and so I added it to another piece of book paper, and created a washed background. I cut a small piece of the hessian strip, and used it as a stencil, with some white acrylic paint randomly over the background.

There was an ATC sized  piece of Stampbord in the play pack, and I chose a pretty floral stamp from the Harebell Butterfly stamp set to stamp and colour on this piece. I used some ultra thick embossing powder to triple glaze the Stampbord, and created a tile effect over the image.

I cut two large rectangles from kraft card, and created a tag top to them, by chopping off the corners. I scored partway down one of the 'tags', and stuck it to the other one, so that the card would stand up, without collapsing. It has its own stand in effect. I added the book paper background, and some pretty tan ribbon from the play pack, before attaching the Stampbord tile to complete the card.


I hope that I have offered you some inspiration as far as this super pack is concerned. I promise to be back with more ideas in the future, thanks for stopping by, xx

5 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Judith, absolutely gorgeous projects, your colours and designs are marvellous, very creative and thank you for the inspiration, Kate x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Gorgeous projects Judith, looks like a great pack of goodies.

Sue xx

Evy Browning said...

I love seeing what can be done with packs like this - there's something about the challenge of creating with what is in front of you combined with one's own stash & your 3 projects demonstrate the variety possible with elements from just one pack.
The combination of kraft, white & brown is particularly delightful in the first, your ribbon, button & hessian are all echoed superbly by your choice of matting layers.
Your second project is fascinating with the composition leading the eye across the whole & your masterful use of colours.
Your final sample with the details of how to create a tag card with the stand is my favourite. The delicate colours of the stampbord piece are brought out by your text paper colouring & again the lovely use of kraft complements the colours superbly.

Linda V said...

Judith I absolutely love your projects! What script sramp did you use on the blue butterfly panel? I have looked all over and cannot find one that has such pretty swirls in the penmanship. Linda V. Ann Arbor, Michigan

judith@poppy cottage said...

In response to Linda V's comment, the script stamp comes from the Eccentric Edwardian stamp plate: http://www.chocolatebaroque.com/UA4GW0216.html Judith xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...