Followers

Monday 19 October 2015

Christmas Baubles

Hello everyone, I don't know about you, but I have lots of scraps of card and paper left over from other projects. I am always looking for ways to dip into my stash and use these bits and bobs up. My project today is a relatively quick card that could be made up as a batch card, using some of those left over paper scraps.

I made a wrinkle free distress background using watercolour paper and Distress Inks, and then added further colour with a Crafter's Workshop stencil. I chose a palette of green and purple, one of my favourites, using Shabby Shutters and Faded Lilac Distress Inks. I stamped the ivy flourish from the Beautiful Baubles clear stamp set across the top of the background using Versafine Olympia Green ink, and added the sentiment across the bottom. After drying the background thoroughly, I stamped and embossed the chains and baubles using Versamark and gold embossing powder. I stamped the baubles again onto some scrapbook paper and decoupaged them onto the background. Some dark green card completes the card.

The possibilities are endless with this card layout, you can mix and match the colours that you use, or change the flourish that you use at the top. It really is a versatile stamp set and I hope that you have as much  fun creating cards with it as I have. Thanks for stopping by, xx


2 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

Oh Just love your card Judith, wonderful background and the baubles are amazing, Kate x

Paula (PEP) said...

I do love the way your stencilled background ties in with the pattern of the middle bauble. I particularly like your use of the dark green base echoing the ivy & your sentiment, plus using gold for the chains & baubles adds further to the festive sense of the whole design.
Paula (PEP)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...