Followers

Monday 10 August 2015

CAS Christmas Card


Hello everyone, I have a CAS Christmas card to show you today, using the lovely new Christmas stamps from Chocolate Baroque. I love to mix and match old stamps with new, and this project is no exception. I have created a clean and simple card that will be great for making up in batches when you need to make lots of cards in a hurry, always handy when you have so many cards to make.

I started my card by stamping the pine cone sprig three times across the top of a 7" x 7" white card blank. I coloured the stamp with Distress Markers so that I could get the variety of colours on the stamp. I used two tones of brown on the pine cones for extra shading. I added a greeting from the Bold Christmas Words stamp set at the bottom of the card, also using Distress Markers. Finally, I stamped and embossed a bauble from the Christmas Decorations stamp set onto scrapbook paper three times using a Rudolph's Red Nose sparkly red Wow embossing powder. I cut these out and used 3D foam pads to attach them to the card. You always need a bit of sparkle at Christmas!


I will be back in a few days with some more Christmas makes for you, thanks for stopping by, xx

5 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

Just gorgeous Judith, love the pine border and the beautiful baubles. Lovely CAS card, hugs Kate x

Paula (PEP) said...

The shading on your pine cones is very effective & I love the way you've used only the traditional red & green colours (red+green=brown), especially the way the sentiment not only balances the ornaments but draws the eye to the central bauble. Terrific way of using up scrapbook paper scraps.
Paula (PEP)

Anonymous said...

Hi Judith,
I've realized I haven't left many comments on your blog, eventhough I like your makes. Love this card! Making a sheet of ornaments and then cutting them out for more cards is a great idea. Clean is a look I can't really do. As I usually make a mess, I just decided that I love messy :P.
Thanks for sharing!
Debbie.

Dominike said...

What a good idea to miw new and old stamps. I will adopt it.

Elaine said...

A great design Judith. That pine stamp is lovely and works really well as a border. I love the way you have suspended the baubles, I am sure this looks even better IRL when you can appreciate the sparkle. Elaine xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...