Followers

Wednesday 19 August 2015

Bright Butterfly

Hello everyone, it's time for a brand new challenge over on the Chocolate Baroque Challenge Blog this week. I am providing part of the Design Team inspiration for the lovely new colours that you can play around with for the next four weeks as part of the challenge.

I chose to use a technique demonstrated by our lovely leader Lesley recently on the Design Team blog, using greyboard, masking tape and gesso to create a background.  I covered the greyboard with strips of masking tape randomly, using horizontal and vertical strips until the surface was covered completely. I burnished the surface with an old credit card. I then painted the surface with gesso, and left it to dry.

I coloured the surface using Dylusions paints and a baby wipe, blending them where they met, and dried this layer with a heat gun. I then added some purple paint around the edges, just using my finger. I stencilled three flowers onto the surface using white paint, and dried this thoroughly. I then coloured the flowers using pencils. I added some buttons to the cenntres of the flowers.

Using some Olive Wow embossing powder, I stamped and embossed a sentiment onto the background. I used the same embossing powder to emboss the moth onto some scrap card. I then coloured this image with Distress Inks, before cutting it out and gluing it to the background.





Why not pop over to the challenge blog and see the other Design Team inspiration, and read all about the new challenge? If you enter, you stand a chance of winning a £15 prize.

Thanks for stopping by, xx



5 comments:

Paula (PEP) said...

It's the stencilled flowers that catch my eye - the way you have used white as the base for your coloured pencil work is superbly effective & I particularly like the detail of those stems, beautifully echoed with your use of green for stamping the moth & embossed sentiment. The flowers are beautifully balanced by the moth & sentiment.
Paula (PEP)

Elaine said...

Gorgeous vibrant colours Judith, it has real zing! The idea of painting the flowers in white and then colouring with pencils is really interesting. I would never have thought of doing that. I always love those moth stamps, one of my all time favourites and the olive embossing works a treat. Lovely work. Elaine xxx

Jan said...

This is a work of beautiful color . Maybe one day for me oh my . A slow journey here .

craftimamma said...

Gorgeous card Buddy! Love the colours and great technique with the flowers. I remember you, Elaine and myself have always favoured that lovely moth stamp!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Miranda said...

Love this colorful card Judith! Have a nice weekend, xxMiranda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...