Followers

Friday 19 June 2015

Making an Impression

Hello everyone, I have a textured card to show you today using the stamps of the month currently on offer at Chocolate Baroque.

I created my background by cutting a piece of smooth watercolour paper slightly smaller than my card blank, and covering it with water. I added some acrylic paint that I had diluted to the paper to give a watery wash over the background. I chose three colours of paint; yellow, saffron and a plum colour. I dried the background with my heat gun, and as is it was quite rippled, gave it a good iron to get it nice and flat again!

I stamped the linen texture stamp using Saffron Archival Ink, and added the flower heads using Seedless Preserves Distress Ink. I stamped a sentiment from the Mackintosh Sentiments stamp set onto some hand dyed ribbon that I had left over from another project, and attached this to the background.

I rolled out three pieces of polymer clay and cut them into circles. I pressed the flower head stamp firmly into the clay, and following the maufacturer's instructions, I baked the clay in the oven. Once the pieces had cooled down, I painted them with the same colours of acrylic paint that I had used for the background of the card. Once they were dry, I added some metallic wax to pick out the details of the flowers.

These stamps are great for adding texture to all sorts of surfaces, and I hope that you will experiment and try something like this out yourself. Thanks for stopping by, xx


2 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

Good Morning Judith, I love your card and have just boght the seasonal fragments stamps, so I'm delighted with your inspiration. They make a super background and your colours are gorgeous, hugs Kate x

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Very beautiful design Judith, I love the embellishments you created with the clay. Have a great weekend, Hugs, Shirleyxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...