Followers

Monday 29 June 2015

Christmas Masterboard


Hello everyone, I have a project to show you today using the current stamps of the month available from Chocolate Baroque. I have used one of the leafy Seasonal Fragment designs to create a masterboard with contemporary colours, and then turned it into a Christmas card by using a seasonal greeting and poinsettia style flowers.

I started my background by colouring a piece of smooth white card with Aqua Adirondack Ink, then stamping the leaves using Red Geranium and Library Green Archival Ink. I completed the background using the same leafy stamp and Aqua Ink for a softer feel.

I die cut a long shape, and sponged the edges with Aqua, leaving the die in place, to create a white border, then stamped a sentiment, using Versafine Crimson Red Ink. I hand cut a matting layer using dark red card. I used the same red card to cut out some Crealie shapes to make some flowers, and cut some Crealie leaves using dark green card. I spritzed the flowers with water and scrunched them up slightly to get a more dimensional feel. I put three layers together and added a brad.

I hope that you will give this technique a try, I had more of this background left over for another project;

which is great when I need to make so many Christmas cards! Thanks for stopping by, xx

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...