Followers

Friday 22 May 2015

A Trio of Tags

Hello everyone, I have created three tags to show you combining the Sewing Stamps multi-buy and the Peacock Parade/Tangled Peacock multi-buy. I wanted to create some designer haute couture style dresses, and decided to use the peacock tails as skirts combined with the bodices of two of the mannequins from the sewing sets. I stuck to a peacock themed colour palette throughout the three tags.

I cut three large tags from watercolour paper using the Crealies extreme labels and tags die. This is a super set of dies, and I used the largest die for my tags. It has embossed stitching running around the edges, so was very appropriate for my project.

I started the three tags by stamping and embossing the lace strip along the bottom of the three tags, using Versafine Onyx Black ink and clear embossing powder. I then stamped the foot of one of the mannequins on each tag. I stamped each peacock tail onto a tag, using Versafine Deep Lagoon ink, and coloured them in using watercolour paints. I used the same paint to colour the bodices, which I stamped and embossed onto a spare piece of card.

I inked each background using Tumbled Glass Distress Ink, and then chose a corresponding ink colour to blend around the edges, (Peacock Feathers, Salty Ocean, Seedless Preserves). I used the same ink colour to stamp an assortment of sewing notions as a border. Finally, I added a sentiment to each tag.


Thanks for stopping by, xx

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...