Followers

Sunday 31 May 2015

A supporting role

Hello everyone, I have a couple of cards to show you today using this month's sewing stamps from Chocolate Baroque in a supporting role. This way, you can stretch their usesand you can see how versatile these stamps really are.

My first card uses one of the lacy borders on a wrinkle free distress background. I used a simple colour palette of black and green to keep the card looking quite masculine. I added some background stamping using a stamp from the Harlequin Fragments stamp set. I stamped a heart image from the Punky Hearts stamp set onto a piece of scrapbook paper, colouring in some of the details with Inktense pencils, and then cut it out and used 3D foam pads to attach it to the card. Finally I added a sentiment from the Sweet Nothings stamp set onto a die cut.




My second card uses another one of the borders to create a masculine romantic card using the Key to my Dreams stamp set. This border reminded me of keyholes when I first saw it, so it seemed to match this stamp set very well. I stamped one of the locks onto the background before adding the border on either side. I coloured the background with an acrylic wash, and added some shading with Distress Ink around the edges. I coloured the images with Polychromos pencils and added some background detail with a stamp from the Lace Fragments stamp set.





Thanks for stopping by, xx


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...