Followers

Wednesday 18 February 2015

A new challenge on the CB challenge blog starts today

Hello everyone, I'm just popping by to let you know that Challenge 8 starts on the Chocolate Baroque challenge blog today. The colours are inspired by a photograph taken by Glenda, and they are fabulous. I have made a Spring themed card using the colours.




I created a wrinkle free Distress background using Wild Honey and Shaded Lilac Distress Ink, and then stamped a tulip image across the bottom of the page, using both colours. I used the same tulip image to stamp onto a piece of smooth watercolour paper three times, masking the image as I went along. I drew around an oval die cut once I was finished, and cut around the outline, just cutting around the edge of the flowers where they stuck out of the oval. I added some colour to the oval, placing the die over the background, so that I could keep a white edge. I used Mustard Seed and Wild Honey Distress Inks to colour the background. I stamped my all time favourite sentiment onto the oval using black ink.

I coloured the tulips using Distress Markers and a waterbrush.To assemble the card, I created mats using orange and purple card, and added a matching purple ribbon.

The challenge runs for four weeks and ends on March 17th. Hop over to the Challenge Blog for all of the information and some more DT inspiration.



Thanks for stopping by, xx

4 comments:

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

I love the colours of this months challenge and this gorgeous card you've made Judith.

Sue xx

cuilliesocks said...

Gorgeous card Judith, what wonderful colours and the image and colouring is just glorious, Kate x

Paula (PEP) said...

The way you have used the inspirational colours is a super example of how to incorporate all the colours given by the use of matting. In this instance your colouring of the tulips picks out the elements superbly as well but it's the matting & your ribbon colours that draw the whole together. Your slip stamping on the background adds lovely texture & interest to the backdrop too & I particularly like the way you've stamped the image a number of times & allowed it to overhang the oval's edge leaving the sentiment to balance the focal panel.
Paula (PEP)

Judith said...

Wow! Those tulips are really nice, what a beautiful card. You are still inspiring me ever since I won a canvas of yours a good few years ago now, I still have it and every now and then I look at it and see something new in it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...