Followers

Saturday 20 September 2014

Angels and Penguins

Hello Folks, I have some more Christmas card ideas to share with you today. I am aware of Christmas creeping up on me now, with the nights starting to pull in and the festive television schedule starting. So, the more cards that I can get made, the better!

Mt first card is using the lovely angel stamp from the A Child is Born stamp sheet. I do love this image. I stamped the angel onto a piece of smooth watercolour paper, but any smooth card will do, and then masked the image, by stamping the image again onto masking paper. I then stamped a window taken from the Gothic Fragments stamp set onto the background, and masked this as well. I coloured the background using a range of Distress Inks; Tattered Rose, Scattered Straw, Weathered Wood, Tea Dye and Pumice Stone. I then added stamps from the Gothic Fragments, and the Harlequin Fragments stamp sets, using the same coloured inks. The last two strips were embossed with platinum Wow embossing powder. I removed the masks, and coloured the window and the angel with Distress markers and a water brush. Finally, I added a sentiment from the Christmas Sentiments Multi buy stamp set.


My second offering uses the Snowy Penguins clear stamp set. I have created a couple of gelli plate backgrounds, using Memento inks in shades of blue and teal, and then stamped the snowflakes directly onto the gelli plate using Versafine Ink, before taking a print. I stamped the images onto a piece of smooth white card, and edged them with blue ink. The images were coloured with pencils.


These images are perfect for children's Christmas cards, or for children to give to their parents or grandparents. Making gelli plate backgrounds ensures that you can run up a batch of these very quickly.

Thanks for stopping by, Judith xx



4 comments:

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Two beautiful cards Judith, I love the Angel and the gorgeous colours you've used on her.

Sue xx

Elaine said...

These are two super designs. I love the way you have blended the angel with the different fragments. They work so well. I can imagine the silver embossing looks smashing and the colouring is lovely. The penguin cards are really cute and I like the contrast of the deeper blue backgrounds with the lighter circle panel. That works so well. Great showcasing of these stamps. Elaine xxx

Paula (PEP) said...

Your glow around the angel is so effective & I particularly like your shading of the window panes. The tone-on-tone background provides a perfect foil for the detailed images & I like the sense of framing provided by your platinum wet embossed images. Your little penguin duo is a delight - especially with the red ribbon on the tag echoing the red scarf the snowman is wearing.
Paula (PEP)

Claire said...

Gorgeous cards Judith, that angel is so beautiful and she looks fab with the background. Love those penguins too, they are so cute
Claire xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...