Followers

Friday 1 August 2014

Honeysuckle Canvas



Hi Folks, I have a project to show you today using the Thistle Butterfly/Honeysuckle Butterfly Multibuy stamp sets from Chocolate Baroque. These new sets are a lovely addition to the range of floral butterfly stamps, and great for mixing and matching with older stamps in the range, or using by themselves.

For my project, I covered a canvas with vintage music paper, and then painted it with various shades of Golden acrylic paint in greens and blues. I stamped the flourish from the set around the edges in forget-me-not and orange blossom archival ink to create a border. This is such a lovely stamp, and has become a favourite of mine. I stamped the honeysuckle image onto the background, and again onto some white card. I coloured the image on the card with pencils before cutting it out and adding it to the canvas.

I coloured some scrap card using Distress Inks in shades of blue and orange. I stamped some letters from the Newsprint Alphabet onto the card to spell the word 'Fleur', before cutting them out. I distressed and inked the edges of the little panels, and added these to my canvas.


Keep checking the Design Team Blog for lots of lovely samples from my Team mates over the coming month. xx

2 comments:

Aquarius said...

Lovely colours you've used on this canvas - just right and I can almost smell the honeysuckle.

Paula (PEP) said...

I can see why that flourish stamp has become a favourite of yours - so versatile. Your orange honeysuckle picks out the warmth of the brown in your edges as well as in the alphabet tiles. I particularly like the way your butterflies' wings mimic the blue edging of the canvas as a whole.
Paula (PEP)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...