Followers

Friday 11 July 2014

Diverse Textures from Chocolate Baroque

Hi Folks, I have some cards to show you today using the Harlequin Fragments/Tangled Fragments multibuy from Chocolate Baroque . I wanted to show how versatile these stamps can be and have created three very different looking cards, using these great new stamps.

My first card was created using the watery background stamp, which I stamped onto a strip of white card, using black ink several times. I then created three pieces of decorated stampbord, using three layers of embossing powder and stamping into them while the last layer was still molten. I brushed a little bit of gold Perfect Pearl powder into the crevices to pick up the detail of the stamp. By stamping my background first, I could work out roughly where on the rubber stamp I needed to press to create the UTEE pieces to achieve a pattern running down the card.

I matted the background onto a piece of toning card, and stuck this onto a larger piece of black card. I added a sentiment taken from the Artistic Affirmations stamp set.

My second card was created using a piece of smooth watercolour paper, which I sprayed with diluted Weathered Wood Distress Ink. I then stamped the dotty stamp, and the stone effect stamp using the same colour over the background. I embossed the single stone spine in the centre using platinum embossing powder. I added some ferns around the edges, taken from the Wild Meadow stamp set using Pear Tart and Sweet Plum Memento Inks.

I stamped and embossed a flower from the Tangled Garden stamp set, plus the leaf fragment using platinum embossing powder, which I then painted with Splash inks. I decoupaged the flower, added the larger leaves to the stem, and used the smaller leaves for a grass effect. Finally, I added a sentiment from the Amazing Birthday clear stamp set to the background.


My third card was created again using watercolour paper for my background. I sprayed the paper with turquoise Dylusions spray, rolling off some of the intense colour for a paler effect. I added a touch of Perfect Pearls turquoise spray at this point. I stamped the large bubbles stamp, and the dotty harlequin stamp with forget-me-not archival ink over the background, and then added some Vintage Photo Distress Ink to the edges to age the colour slightly.

I embossed the butterfly from the Steampunk Buterfly stamp set and some flowers from the Punky Flowers stamp set, using copper embossing powder. I coloured them with splash inks. I added a stamped swirl from the Artistic Expressions stamp plate to resemble leafy tendrils behind the flowers. The sentiment was taken from the Amazing Birthday clear stamp set.


If you love our DT blog then keep your eyes open for something new and colourful coming next week. All will be revealed soon, keep visiting the DT blog to make sure you don’t miss it. Getting excited yet?

Thanks for stopping by, Judith xx



6 comments:

craftimamma said...

Three fab cards Judith. I love the 'grass' created by the cute little leave on your second card! The first one gives quite a dramatic look and I haven't done any Stambord stuff for ages. Shame because I love it and have loads bought from Glenda. As I said on FB love how you combined stamps on the third one to create a card that is both pretty and punky at the same time. Intriguing comments about the DT blog. Must keep an eye out!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Three gorgeous cards Judith. I love what you did with the stamp board on the first, how you made the flower stem on the second and the colours on the trird.

Sue xx

Jan said...

So very helpful . Thank-you. Have a joy filled day. Janice

Elaine said...

Three great designs, showing just how versatile these new stamps are. I love the contrast on the first, the stamp works well for black and white as well as the texture and the tone on tone words are a great touch. The softer colours of the second are lovely, very delicate and my favourite I think! The platinum embossing is super. I love the turquoise on your final design and the great contrast with the copper embossing too. Elaine xxx

Paula (PEP) said...

Diversity is an understatement I think - 3 utterly different cards from which it's hard to choose a favourite thought I think it is the first with the way you have used that deep aqua for a subtle sentiment without detracting from your focal strip. That swirly strip is magical with the way the textured stampbord fragments match the swirls of the black & white swirls behind & I particularly like the way your deep teal blue mat for the swirly panel echoes what looks like teal blue edging of the stampbord pieces.
Using the segments individually from the 'Inapod' leaf fragment is beautifully effective with the tangled flower especially with the way those little pods are echoed by the 'tipple' pattern of the flower's centre.
The colours in the final card are very striking & I love the way that you've carried the circular element throughout the whole design - even the harlequin fragment contains circles & the swirly ends of the flourish accentuate the butterfly's antennae.
Paula (PEP)

Jan said...

Just read your profile and you live in Norfolk . I live in a city just outside of Norfolk------Virginia USA ,that is called Virginia beach , virginia . And then another town close by is Portsmouth . Just love this age of technology where the world is smaller . Just finished watching my two grandchildren ( cherubs for sure) at their swim meet . Joy now. Jan

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...