Thursday, 23 January 2014

Anything Goes new challenge at CWD

Hi Folks, I am posting my blog post for Crafting with Dragonflies slightly late this week, as I have phone line and Internet connection issues at home. Apparently, our phone cables around the village have been stolen, and we could be without phones for some time. You have to wonder at what some people will do to make some money. So, I have managed to get online by hook or by crook, and here is my post.

The theme for this fortnight's challenge is Anything Goes, and it is a card related challenge. I have chosen to use a couple of stamp images from Inkylicious, which are previously unused in my stash, shameful I know, but I have so many stamps! I stamped both stamps onto pieces of mount board cut using Nestability shapes. I used Distress Markers, so that I could get a variegated effect with the colours. I then covered the pieces of mount board with three layers of UTEE, to create a tile effect.

I covered my card with a lovely piece of DP from my stash, I have had it for so long, I don't even know where it came from, but the design is just gorgeous. I added some lace, and two metal butterflies, which I painted to tone in with the overall colour scheme.

Hop over to the challenge blog to see what my team mates have made for your inspiration, and have a go at entering the challenge. All you need to do is make a card with the theme of 'Anything Goes'. Thanks for stopping by, xx

Sunday, 19 January 2014

Oriental Screen

Hi Folks, here is a project using more of the stamp of the month stamps from Chocolate Baroque. I have used a piece of card measuring 12" x 9", which I have folded into three, scoring at 4" and 8" along the long  sides top and bottom. While the card was folded into three, I die cut the top of the screen using the Tim Holtz Vintage Cabinet card die. Tip: if you just place your top cutting plate over the area of the die that you want to cut, you won't cut any further into your screen. I die cut the bottom of the screen in the same way using the Tim Holtz Baroque die.

I trimmed a piece of Firefly paper to 12" x 6" and then stamped the background stamps taken from the Tranquilty and the Moonlit Waterfall stamp sets onto the paper, and coloured them with Inktense pencils. I then used Images from Oriental Crane and Serenity/Tranquility Multibuy to stamp my main images, which I also coloured with pencils.

I punched a leaf image from the top of each screen panel, and added some tiny gems for decoration.

Thanks for stopping by, xx

Friday, 17 January 2014

Japanese Water Garden

I have created a scene using the stamps of the month from Chocolate Baroque. I have stamped the main images, and then masked over them before stamping the flowers to fill in the background. I have used a mixture of both stamp sets to create a feeling of a Japanese water garden, using architectural features as well as plants. I have also used a wall stamp from the Landscap Edges stamp set to create the path along the bottom of the design.

I have coloured the project with Polychromos pencils.

I'll be back in a few days with another project, thanks for stopping by, xx

Monday, 13 January 2014

Tranquil Tree

Hi Folks, I wanted to create a masculine card with an oriental feel using the new oriental stamps from Chocolate Baroque. I created a background by embossing some kraft card with a stencil through my die cutting machine and then adding some Distress Inks for definition. I added a wash of colour to a piece of handmade paper and stamped the tree and bird from the Serenity stamp set using brown archival ink.

I made a 'stone' by cutting a piece of card into an oval shape and punching a hole in one end before applying some texture paste. I stamped the word Tranquility taken from the Tranquility stamp set. I added some acrylic paint over the top in various shades of brown, and blue, drying the paint after each application. Note: you do need to make sure that the piece cools down before you add the next stage, or the paint cooks. Finally, I added some dark brown paint, which I wiped away before it was dry. The paint settled into the letters.

I tied the 'stone' to the card using some string in a criss cross design.

Thanks for stopping by,  xx

Friday, 10 January 2014

First post of the year

Hi Folks, it's been a while since I posted, last year in fact, so I'd like to take this opportunity to wish you all a very Happy New Year. I'm playing catch up with my teamies over at The Chocolate Baroque Design Team blog showcasing some of this month's new stamps. I've not been so well, and so here is my first sample.

I've chosen a theme of bamboo for this card, and created a background using various green toned Distress Inks. I spread some texture paste through a bamboo stencil down one side of the background. I used a mask of the main stamped image to locate where I needed to stamp my bamboo images, and then stamped those to create a frame for the central image. I coloured the main image and the bamboo images with Distress Markers. I added some gilding wax to the textured bamboo, and then matted the background onto some green card.

My design team mates have created some stunning samples this month, with lots more to come, so keep checking the design team blog. There is a Design Team call out at the moment, so do take a look if you are interested. Thanks for stopping by, xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...