Followers

Tuesday 12 November 2013

Card with Stickpins: Things with Wings


Hi Folks, it's time for another challenge over at the Crafting with Dragonflies challenge blog. This week the theme is to add stickpins to a card using the theme 'Things with Wings'. You can make your own stickpins, or use some that you have purchased.

I have chosen to raid my neglected stash again, and use some beautiful stamps from Chapel Road, a large background stamp called 'Flower words', and a lovely flower stamp called ''Queen Anne's Lace'. I embossed both images using copper embossing powder, and then coloured the card using Dried Marigold and Shabby Shutters Distress Ink. I spritzed the card with water afterwards for a speckled finish. I used a piece of Basic Grey paper as my back ground, and matted everything with deep red card. I added some wide hessian behind the words.

I die cut two butterflies using some X-cut butterfly dies and gold foil. I coloured the butterflies with red alcohol ink, then embossed them through my die cutting machine. I then coloured the raised embossed areas with green alcohol ink, to create the two tone effect. I added some beads from my jewellery making stash to some stick pins, before placing them through some olive green ribbon on the front of my design. I particularly like these stick pins, as they have a cap on the bottom, covering the point at the end.


Our sponsor this week is Crafts and me, who are offering the winner three digis as a prize.


Please hop over to the challenge blog for some inspiration from my team mates. They have made some lovely cards.

I am entering my card into the following challenges:


craft-Dee BowZ Anything goes with a Handmade Bow

Lady Anne's Challenge More than one layer

Make it Monday Anything Goes

Glitter and Sparkle Autumn Colours

Jo's Scrap Shack Things with Wings

Stampin for the weekend Autumn/Fall Colours

Thanks for stopping by, xx








34 comments:

Susan Hogan said...

Judith, your card is magic. I particularly love the way you have tied all the 'copperyness' together and the whole design of the card. The stamps are beautiful too. Glad you went digging in the stash! It was worth it.

happyglitzygirl said...

Beautiful card, the most gorgeous stick pins and so elegant, blessings Hilde

Ina G said...

Judith - this card is superb. Love the soft colours layout and your beautiful butterfly and those pins finish it of perfectly. Really beautiful.

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A gorgeous card Judith, I love the background stamp you've used and the amazing stickpins.

Sue x

Lady Anne Milnes-Howard said...

I just love your card, the background stamp is beautiful and will try to purchase it myself. I love your pins too. Fabulous colour you have used for this card. Thank You for sharing with us at Lady Anne's Challenges.
Love ~ Lady Anne xx

Lady Anne's Challenge's
Lady Anne's Blog

Elaine said...

A lovely card Judith. I love the main image as you might expect! Great warm colours and I like the two offset panels. The butterflies and stick pins add great accents too. Nice to see you using the dies you bought when we were together! Elaine x

Paula (PEP) said...

Super with the way the stick pins are placed & echo the butterflies' antennae. Additional beads add so much & love capped ends.Two tone background effect beautiful especially with the copper embossed images. Raffia adds lovely rustic feel & the greens are just delicious.
Paula (PEP)

Cheremane said...

This is lovely Judith love the colors xx

Kay Dalton said...

This is stunning I love the colour and the layout just beautiful

Linda Simpson said...

Gorgeous and I do love those stick pins.

Hugs
Linda xxx

Chris said...

Stunning, love the colours and design. Chris xx

Donna Maligno said...

Love these colors! Wonderful card. Thanks for joining the Craft-Dee BowZ challenge!

Anonymous said...

A beautiful card, I love the stamp and colours. Love the pins too.

Hugs Erin x

Unknown said...

Wonderful image and colours. Stunning card I always love your work. Thanks you for sharing with us at Crafty Bloggers network facebook page hugs Tania xx (DT)

Unknown said...

Stunning card, great use of neglected stash *Ü* beautiful hugs txx

Marie said...

Love the flower words stamp and those beautiful stick pins

Wendy said...

Beautiful card, lovely colours and super design. xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

this is very beautiful Judith.

gr karin

Sandra Carey said...

Beautiful really jumps out at me Hugs Sandra xx

Wynn said...

Love the stamps you've used for this fab card Judith. Those stick pins are great too.....clever bunny!!
Hugs Wynn x

Jean said...

I spotted this card at MIM and came for a closer look. It is beautiful, I love the colours and the embossed butterflies.
Jean x

Jan said...

This is beautiful xx Jan

Rocio De Alba said...

This is a beautiful card. I love the color and the stamp. So cool that you used your neglected supplies too. It's inspiring me to do the same, lol. Thanks for sharing it with us at MIM.

hugs
Rocio, DT

~ Jo ~ said...

Oh Judith this is gorgeous! I love those embossed butterflies!!! How pretty!! Thank you for joining us this week at Jo's Scrap Shack for our FFC "Things with Wings"!
Hugs,
Jo
♥ Jo's Scrap Shack ♥

~ Barb said...

Wow Judith, I really like the distress inks you've used for your background. I love your words stamp. Gorgeous embossed butterflies too.
{Hugs} Barb

Sylvia said...

Beautful card, love the two stamps and your card design.

Sylv xx

Mrs O crafty blog said...

Absolutely beautiful... Love the colour and the image is fantastic, Px

Hazel said...

Thanks for sharing this lovely card for Cheerful Stamp Pad challenge 73 'angel wings' - Hazel, DT x

Anonymous said...

Love those distress ink colours together Judith(will have to remember that one) and the copper embossing goes so well and great butterflies and stick pins.
Suexxx

Dawn said...

A beautiful card Judith, I love the colours you've used & your stick pins are lovely!
Hugs
Dawn (Crafting Cafe DT)

Sammy said...

This is GORGEOUS Judith! One day I'll be brave enough to try making backgrounds like that, but today is not that day, lol. x

craftygranny said...

wow gorgeous , love the colours and the stickpins . Those butterflies are lush. Thanks for sharing at glitternsparkle hugs trisha x

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Gorgeous Judith, love the colours and lay out. Have a great weekend, Shirleyxx

Vicki Romaine said...

Judith your card is absolutely gorgeous. I checked out some of your other posts too. You have posted some lovely work. Thanks for joining us at The Cheerful Stamp Pad.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...