Followers

Thursday 24 October 2013

Holly Flourishes


Hi Folks, here is another sample using the Fancy Flourishes stamp set from Chocolate Baroque. This time, I have chosen to make a quick little Christmas card. I think that this may be another card that I would like to make as a batch card, as it does not involve too many steps.

I took a piece of kraft card, and stamped the holly flourish stamp several times on the left hand side, to create a branch. I then used a white pen to draw a few lines to resemble snow on the branches. I stamped the word 'Joy' from the Big Bold Christamas stamp set in red in the top corner of the card. I die cut a bird from brown foil, and coloured the stomach area with Red Pepper Alcohol Ink. I then added a little gem for an eye.

Finally, I added a red and green layer of card behind my design to complete the card.







I hope that my design has given you some inspiration, thanks for stopping by, xx

7 comments:

Paula (PEP) said...

Your little brid is a delight on his snow laden branches of holly - love the whir pen work. Your matting really picks out the colours & using kraft as the background adds such an original touch to these traditional images.
I love the way the red "Joy" echoes the colour of little robin's breast.
Paula (PEP)

Gerrina said...

Beautiful combination! Inky greetings, Gerrina

craftimamma said...

What a cute little 'robin' Judith! He really made me smile. Love the 'Country Cottage Christmas' effect of the traditional colours on the Kraft background.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Anonymous said...

Just lovely Judith love the snow on the branch and the dear little Robin.
Suexxx

Ina G said...

Lovely cas card Judith. So very pretty and just the right colours.

Marja's Stamp Addiction en Marja's Creativity said...

SOOOO BEAUTIFUL Judith. Love it.
lovely greet
Marja

Susan Hogan said...

Love your robin - he looks so cold! Fabulous design going on here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...