Followers

Monday 16 September 2013

Frame It

Hi Folks, it's time for another challenge over on the Artistic Inspirations challenge blog. Sadly this will be my last contribution as a Design Team member, as I have decided to step down due to ever-increasing family commitments. I have been a DT member on the blog ever since it started, so it will seem very strange not to be part of the team any more, but I wish them well, and I'm sure that I will pop in to see how they are doing.

This week the challenge is along the theme of 'Frame It'. I have chosen to use a lovely image from our sponsors Eureka, who are offering the winners a prize of five digis og their choice.

I created a background using the wrinkle free Distress method. I used Wild Honey and Seedless Preserves to get a lovely warm background. Once this was dry, I printed the image onto the paper, and coloured it with pencils. I matted the image twice, using a rich gold and burgundy card. My background paper is taken from the Bo Bunny 'Autumn Song' collection, these papers are beautiful. I have used a sentiment from Chocolate Baroque, one of my all time favourites.





I have added some die cut leaves to echo the image.

Why not have a go at entering the challenge yourself? You can make whatever you like as long as you follow the theme. Thanks for stopping by, xx



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi hunni, Thank you for all your support over the last few years will miss you. Another stunning card. Thank you for a great challenge week. Abbs xx

Marja's Stamp Addiction en Marja's Creativity said...

Beautiful work Judith, also with this leaves.
lovely greet
Marja

craftimamma said...

What a fabulous Autumnal card Judith. I love the background you made for the image ..... absolutely perfect and all enhanced with the die cut leaves in complementary colours. Oooh, I just love Autumn!

What a coincidence that both our resignations from different teams are announced today! Life sure gets in the way sometimes doesn't it buddy. I'm hoping for a bit of 'playtime', hope you get some too starting with our get together next week. Can't wait! Mind you I have to survive two days of a 20 month old first, lol!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Paula (PEP) said...

I love the way you've enhanced the movement of the image's blustery leaves with your wrinkle free background. Your matting really picks out the autumnal colours & I particularly like the way those orange die-cut/punched oak leaves are echoed in the patterned paper. Adding the green to both the tree image & in the form of those leaf shapes really enhances the effect of the reds & golds.That sentiment is particularly apt too.
Paula (PEP)

Anonymous said...

Stunning card Judith just love those rich colours .
Suexxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...