Followers

Thursday 19 September 2013

Autumn foliage

Hi Folks, I have a card to show you today, using some stamps from the Autumn Fairy unmounted stamp collection from Chocolate Baroque

I made a background using Seedless Preserves, Wild Honey, Mustard Seed, and Forest Moss Distress Inks, blending them with brushes to get a soft finish. I then placed a mask in two opposite corners of the background, and used the same colours again, to deepen the colour and create an abstract pattern.

I stamped the foliage stamp onto a piece of card cut with a Nestie, and added a couple of butterflies as well. This foliage stamp has a very Art Nouveau feel, which I really love. I coloured the image with Distress Markers. I stamped the large 'Autumn' onto a tag shape, and matted it onto a piece of olive ribbon, using large black brads, which echo the black bubbles in the main image.







These new fairy stamps are a lovely mixture of stamps and will be great to use all year round. They are so versatile and I look forward to showing you lots more ideas with these over the coming months mixing and matching them with other Chocolate Baroque stamp sets. I love to mix my stamp sets together, and these can be used for so many occasions. The foliage stamps are so useful, and girls of all ages will love the fairies.

Thanks for stopping by, xx

5 comments:

Paula (PEP) said...

I'm sitting with your image enlarged to the left of my screen just drinking in the colours & how you blended & enhanced them using the stencil. I love the way you stencilled scrolls echo the the circularity of the bubbles in the image as well as those balvck brads & don't they just replicate the swirl of the "A". Your use of the Olive ribbon is a masterful stroke echoing the green of the background. Just a joy.
Paula (PEP)

happyglitzygirl said...

Really love the way you did the background, lovely card, blessings Hilde

Aquarius said...

Beautiful card - shame I'm not really into fairies because the other stamps on the plates are great

Anonymous said...

You have once again made a beautiful card Judith and this image is really lovely but like Val I am not really into Fairies but like the other images.
Suexxx

craftimamma said...

Oh simply beautiful and such an unusual foliage image. You know how much I love using stencils myself so this definitely pushes the right buttons for me. Beautiful colours too.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...