Followers

Saturday 20 July 2013

Journal update


Hi folks, I have a few more journal photos to show you, from the Valerie Sjodin art journalling workshop that I have been working on lately. You may remember my previous post, and you can find the link to the class in that post.

I have drawn several more pages, and even managed to get some colour onto the front page using acrylics as Valerie suggested. So excuse the top heavy use of photographs in my post, but here goes:





I have used the phrase 'what colour are your wings today?' and surrounded it with flowers and dragonflies. I am hoping to make this page very colourful, it already is in my mind's eye!



This page is very heart based.




I am using various themes, but always with hearts running through the different areas.




I still have a border and then the all important colour to add.

Finally, here is my front cover, with some colour added, so that you can see what the rest of the journal might look like once I start to add the colour to it:




Hopefully, I'll be back in a week or two with another progress report. I am fitting my journalling around everything else, but it can be picked up and put down very easily for a few minutes at a time. I have found that it is a very portable kind of artwork as well, and often take it out and about with me.

Thanks for stopping by, xx







5 comments:

Aquarius said...

Lovely to see this progressing and look forward to seeing more in due course. Take care in the heat

Anonymous said...

Really love what you have done Judith and your colours are beautiful, don't seem to be able to motivate myself to get started on mine.
Suexxx

Elaine said...

Well Judith, I am so glad to be on this journey with you. This is such wonderful work and you are making a really beautiful piece of artwork here, literally putting your heart into it! It will be great to see the colour coming into the designs and how it changes and grows as you do that. Elaine x

Claire said...

Oh Judith,how beautiful! It looks gorgeous already so I can't wait to watch this wonderful project develop
Claire xx

Paula (PEP) said...

It's lovely seeing that you're able to fit this in wherever you are. Your ideas have encouraged me hugely & it's great seeing your process with the whole.
Paula (PEP)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...