Followers

Friday 21 June 2013

Thinking of you




Hi Folks, I have a 'Thinking of You' card to show you today. I used a lovely piece of backing paper from the Prima Firefly range. These papers are so versatile, and I love the colours in this range. I stamped and embossed my background stamp using Wow embossing powder. The stamp is from Chapel Road stamps, and  is great, full of lovely words, like 'happiness, tranquility, love, 'etc. I then coloured the background with a selection of green Memento Inks. I added some hollyhocks using some texture paste coloured with acrylic paint through a stencil. The butterflies are made from chipboard and have been covered with paint and crackle glaze from PaperArtsy.

Thanks for stopping by, xx

7 comments:

Aquarius said...

Great texture effects going on here and lovely soft colours. Love all the words too

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

This is beautiful Judith, I love the backing paper and the words you've used in the background, and the texture over the top.

Sue x

Paula (PEP) said...

The text stamp is framed beautifully by the patterned paper colours & I like the way you picked out the greens from the latter & worked with those for inking the text's background. The texture of the embossed resist serves to accentuate the matt effects of your hollyhocks & butterflies.
Paula (PEP)

Elaine said...

This is lovely Judith. I love that Firefly paper and it works as a great background for the sentiment panel. The hollyhock mask has made a super addition, as have the crackle butterflies. A really lovely card. Elaine xxx

Sandy said...

Absolutely gorgeous - so pretty!
Sandy

Gill said...

A very pretty delicately coloured card. I love the choice of colours.

craftimamma said...

And I am the very lucky recipient of this gorgeous card. It is currently in pride of place on my mantlepiece and I think will be there for a while yet ;D. It really is beautiful and came just when I needed it. Thanks you my lovely friend.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...