Followers

Sunday 19 May 2013

Steampunk Script Flowers


Hi Folks, I have another sample to show you today using the Punky Flowers stamp set from Chocolate Baroque. This time, I have used a round canvas as the basis for my project. I have had this canvas lurking in my stash for a long time waiting for a suitable project, and I felt that these fabulous flowers were begging for such a background.

I started by adding some texture to the canvas through a mask, and then painting the background with a selection of acrylic paints. I stamped a portion of a script stamp from the Eccentric Edwardian stamp plate over the flat areas of the canvas using archival ink. I added metallic wax to the raised areas of texture on the canvas.

I covered some grungepaper with pages from a cheap thesaurus, and then coloured the paper with Pan Pastels. I stamped a selection of the punky flowers and some leaves from the Sunny Sunflower stamp set onto the paper. I added extra colour for definition, and cut these out. I dipped the flowers into my Melt Pot to give them a clear coating. I stamped some of the coggy trees onto green pearlescent card and cut them out, and also die cut some cogs from silver pearlescent card. To complete the canvas, I added some coils made from silver coloured wire.





I hope that I have given you some ideas this month incorporating these stamps, and I have really appreciated your comments. They mean a lot to me. Thanks for stopping by, xx


7 comments:

Paula Whittaker said...

great composition and a super creation.

Aquarius said...

I've not come across round canvas - this is superb with the different textures and I love the combination of text, steampunk and flowers. Absolutely beautiful.

Paula (PEP) said...

The combination of colours is lovely & I particularly like the way the die-cut cogs stand out against the printed paper stamping & at the same time echo the flower-centres. The cubist/script background ties in beautifully with the whole idea of Steampunk.
Paula (PEP)

Elaine said...

I love what you have done with the canvas, a really great project incorporating great text backgrounds, texture, smashing colour scheme and intricate cutting out. Very nice indeedy! Elaine xxx

Laura Mackie Stampin' Up! said...

Again beautiful, gorgeous colour combo :) xx

purplekt22 said...

Love this canvas - great texture and I really like the fact that although it is steampunk in style you have used more pastel colours - it works really well. Will definitely start following your blog! x

Gerrina said...

This is a great canvas! Don´t mind if I´ll lift some details? Greetings, Gerrina

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...