Followers

Sunday 5 May 2013

More Punky Flowers


Hi Folks, here's another sample using the new Punky Flowers stamp set from Chocolate Baroque. I've made a background using Distress Inks and a couple of Crafter's Workshop templates. For the first one, I stippled Black Soot Distress Ink through the template, and for the second one, I just used the same background colours to create a shadow effect.

I then cut a large circle and using the same colours of Distress Ink, I made another background, using the wrinkle free distress technique, adding some metallic Distress Stain to the background. I stamped and embossed some cogs and coils around the outside of the circle to create a border.

I stamped and coloured some bulb flowers on shrink plastic, before shrinking them. I cut out a bell jar, using a Tim Holtz die. The clear top was cut from Clearly for Art, so that I could mould the shape slightly. I stamped and coloured two bats from the Steampunk Butterfly stamp set, and added some heart buttons for their bodies.





This is such a versatile stamp set, and it really had the Design Team thinking overtime. Keep popping over to the Design Team blog to see what my team mates have been up to. Thanks for stopping by, xx


7 comments:

Paula Whittaker said...

fab colouring and stamping - hope you're having a good BH weekend x

Gerrina said...

It is allways great to see what you make with new sets; always new and different! Love this card!

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

More gorgeousness from these lovely new stamps Judith, your backgrounds are lovely too.

Sue x

Paula (PEP) said...

I was on the edge of my seat reading your description of creating the backgrounds & I love the way you co-ordinated that central circle yet made it different. The edge stamping is wonderful & I love the lightbulb effect. The bats give a really surreal effect to the whole & I rather like your 'softening' of their surrealness with your used of those hearts.
Paula (PEP)

Aquarius said...

This is brilliant and I just have to get these stamps (on their way). Love the bell jar - another item I'd not seen before but might need. Love the colours used on this.

Elaine said...

This is a great card Judith, super colours and such an imaginative design with the bell jar and the bats. Elaine x

craftimamma said...

This is smashing buddy! Love the background (definitely need that numbers stencil, lol) and I think these quirky stamps are great.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...