Followers

Wednesday 15 May 2013

A Mother's Day Project


Hi Folks, it's Time for another challenge over at the Crafting with Dragonflies challenge blog. The theme for this fortnight is a scrapbook page incorporating the topic of 'Mothers'.

Now I wanted to use a picture of my Mum in my scrapbook page, rather than taking the easy route and scrapping a picture of myself and my Daughter. I have lots of photographs of us, but when I was little, my parents didn't own a camera. Photographs were not such a frequent occurrence in our house, and we had to borrow a camera if we wanted to have any photographs taken. How times change, as nowadays, we take pictures without even thinking about it on our camera and our phones whenever we like. I found a photograph of my Mum and I, which I have scanned, as I wanted to keep the original safe. I have rounded the corners in keeping with a circular theme that I have running through the page.

I have used a fairly neutral piece of Basic Grey paper for my background, distressing the edges, and matting it onto charcoal card. I printed my digital image from Bugaboo onto acetate, and added some pink gems. I have used another piece of Basic Grey paper, this time in a pinky tone, drawing around it with a dinner plate, to get part of a circle to place down one edge of my design. I have distressed the edges again. I have used a large swirl stamp from Stamp Camp to embellish two sides of the overall design.

I had a good rummage through my stash to find a chipboard dandelion head which matched the bugaboo image perfectly. I painted this, along with some cheap gold flowers with Fresco Finish paints in cream and rose colours to match my colour scheme. I have added some script stamping to the dandelion head with black archival ink.

I have tucked a memory tag and a little pin underneath the large pink circle for some journalling. To finish my page, I have added a strip of lace, and a mixture of flowers in various textures. I found some crocheted pink flowers, some large cream paper flowers, and some ribbon flowers in various sizes, and added these to the metal painted flowers. I have also tucked some more gems into the arrangement for added bling.






I enjoyed making this page, as I am not a frequent scrapbooker. My Mum has asked if she can have the page, and I hope that she likes it, as she hasn't seen it yet. She used to make most of my clothes when I was little, and I do remember that this particular dress was pinky orange in colour. I even had shoes to match. It was the 1960's!

Our sponsor this week is Bugaboo, and they are offering the winner 7 digis as a prize.




Please hop over to the challenge blog and take a look at what my Team mates have been making. The winners of the first challenge will be announced next week.

I am entering my project into the following challenges:

Avenue 613 create a scrapbook page

Creative Inspirations Paint Inspired by Mother's Day

Two Sisters Challenge Blog Mother's Day

My Sheri Crafts Flower Power

Thanks for stopping by, xx


9 comments:

~ Barb said...

You are so right about taking pictures today. I have hundreds stored digitally on camera cards and even I take way more now then when I was buying the film years ago, lol. What a wonderful keepsake for your Mom, I just know she will love it and how lucky was that chipboard dandelion find, a perfect match!
{Hugs} Barb

Elaine said...

This is lovely Judith, having less pictures must make this one all the more special. I love the way you have printed the image onto acetate and all the rounded shapes of the elements, including the flowers work really well. I am sure your Mum will love it. Elaine xxx

Aquarius said...

This is a beautiful page and I'm sure your mother will treasure it. Great that you had the cut out dandelion to match the stamped ones.

Paula (PEP) said...

Delightfully different & how delightful that your Mum wants to have it. Very thought-provoking post about the photography & the whole is just a delight.
Paula (PEP)

Carla S. said...

Wonderful layout, Judith! Great pic and pretty details! Thanks for joining in on the challenge at 613 Avenue Create!

Marge said...

Lovely LO and treasured keepsake!!! Thanks so much for sharing with us @ My Sheri Crafts challenge!

Jen Leeflang said...

What a precious keepsake! Thanks so very much for joining our challenge at Avenue 613 Create this week. I look forward to your entry for our next challenge!
luv'n huggz
Jen Leeflang
AVENUE 613 CREATE DT

Chana Malkah said...

This is a beautiful project! I am sure your mother will love it! We just added a Scrap page designer to our team and projects like this let me know it was a good decision. Thanks for sharing this wonderful work with us at 613 Avenue Create.
Hugz,
Chana, Owner

Ina G said...

Love your layout Judith with just that little bit of colour and the added lace and flowers. Hugs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...