Followers

Monday 29 April 2013

Lots of Layers


Hi Folks it's time for another challenge over at the Artististic Inspirations challenge blog, and this week the theme is 'Lots of Layers'.

I have used an image from our sponsor Sassy Studios called 'Elizabeth Bennet'. I coloured the image using my Polychromos pencils, and cut the image out using a Nestie shape. I coloured the edges with Distress Inks, and really like the lacy effect that this gives this die. I have added some torn script paper in keeping with the literary theme of my character, and some scrumptious PaperArtsy paper. I rummaged through my stash for some lace, a toning purple flower, a brad and a die cut leaf to finish the card. My last layer is some white card as the base layer.


Pride and Prejudice was always my favourite Jane Austen novel, but I enjoy watching the movie as well. Who doesn't like to see Elizabeth and Mr Darcy agonise their way though the fim to the ultimate happy ending? Mr Darcy in a damp shirt isn't too bad either ;)

Our sponsor this week is offering 4 digis of the winner's choice:

So please hop along to the challenge blog, and take a look at what my team mates have made, and have a go at making something for the challenge yourself. It can be any kind of project you like, a card, tag, box, altered item. etc.

I am entering my card into the following challenges:

Totally Papercrafts Flowers and Lace


Sisterhood of Crafters Anything Goes

Divas by Design Inspired by a Movie

Thanks for stopping by, xx

14 comments:

craftimamma said...

This is lovely Judith. As always your colouring is wonderful and as per the challenge, lots of gorgeous layers.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Paula Whittaker said...

love your wonderful colouring too, would love to be able to do that myself.

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

This is gorgeous Judith, she looks as though she has just stepped from the pages of the novel.

Sue x

Darlene said...

Beautiful creation Judith! I love these Sassy images and purple is my favorite color ... so this card really spoke to me!
Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood ‘Free For All (anything goes)’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
The Sisterhood of Crafters
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Angela D said...

Very pretty card,
Hugs
Ang
Crafty Bloggers Network DT
My Blog: A Crafty Blether

Anonymous said...

beautiful as always my lovely, fabulous colouring and just love the image. Thank you xx

Unknown said...

Beautiful card Judith I love the frame she is in :) its a great spellbinder hugs txx

Zoe said...

Great card, lovely colours and brilliant colouring in xx

indie said...

Fab card and the colouring is great ..well done on a fab make :) x

Linda Simpson said...

This is fabulous Judith, I love the beautiful papers and the image is gorgeous.

Hugs
Linda xxx

Wendy said...

Gorgeous card...Thanks for joining us at Divas by Design and Totally Papercrafts this week.
Wendy xx

Unknown said...

Great take on the movie inspired theme over at Divas.Thanks for playing with us at Divas this week x

Patricia said...

Beautiful card sweetie. I love purple!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Outstanding creation Judith! Love the colors.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...