Followers

Tuesday 4 December 2012

Steampunk in Flight


There is a new set of stamps out over at Chocolate Baroque which means that luckily, I have been playing again. Well, working very hard, to produce some samples for the Design Team, I should say. Several of them will be showing over on the Design Team Blog over the next week or so, but I have one to show you today that is just for here.

I created a background using Distress Stains, including one of the metallics, in a soft palette, and then stamped the cog fragment, and the arch fragment over the background, using the toning Distress Inks. I then used a Gold paint dabber, and added some embossing powder, mica flakes and glass glitter in two of the corners.

I stamped some of the roses onto gold metal, and cut them out, puffing them up using a large paper stump. I then stamped some of the tattered wings onto card coloured with Distress Inks, and cut these out. I fixed them together using hinges, and added some coiled wire behind for antennae. Once I stuck the 'butterflies' to the card, I added a trail of tiny clock cogs and more glitter glass behind each one, and stuck little cogs to their antennae.






I coloured some seam binding with Distress Stains to match the overall colour scheme.



It was my Wedding Anniversary last week, and I made a slightly more masculine version for my OH, in a different colour scheme, using a computer-generated text. The font was a free one called 'Steampunk'


I'll be back tomorrow with one of my DT cards, as I'm giving in depth explanations over here each time, rather than bogging down the DT blog. I hope you'll pop back, as I've loved working with these stamps, and I've got lots to show you! Thanks for stopping by, xx




7 comments:

Caroline said...

Two fantastic card's Judith and Happy Anniversary for last week. Caroline xxx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Two beautiful cards Judith, I love the roses made from the metel, they look so good. Happy Anniversary to you and Hubby for last week.

Sue x

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Both Steampunk creations are beautiful. I love what you've done with those wonderful metal roses ! Have a great day, Shirleyx

Paula (PEP) said...

Amazing butterfly trails & I just love those hinges for the centres. I can't decide between the two cards - they're both very striking & very very different. I always love the shaped flowers & these have certainly come up a dream.
Paula (PEP)

Gerrina said...

Two great cards! Love what you did with the butterflies and flowers. If you see it,it belongs together, but if you had discriped all of it, I wouldn't be abel to see such beautiful cards in front of me.... Greetings, Gerrina

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card Judith just love all the textures and the delicate use of colour. Love the way you made the individual wings into a butterfly.
Suexxx

Paula Whittaker said...

Belated wedding anniversary wishes to you both.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...