Followers

Tuesday 13 November 2012

Autumn Fairy


Hi Folks, I've had a chance to do a bit of crafting today, and decided to ink up a couple of unused stamps. I've wanted to use these stamps for a while, but just haven't had the time. They are both from Designs By Ryn, a Canadian Company, and Ryn the owner and designer, sells some fabulous stamps.

I coloured the fairy, and used a bit of artistic licence, making her little friend a red squirrel, using Polychromos pencils. I used rich Autumn colours, our trees are still covered in these shades and are really stunning at the moment. I stamped the background with the Circle cluster set, using Crushed Olive Distress Ink. I then made a flower using handmade paper cut from Nestability shapes, and a couple of leaves, using the Sizzix Tattered Leaves die. I inked the shapes using Distress Ink, spritzed them with water, and crinkled them, before heat setting them with a heat gun. I added a brad to the flower, which I coloured with Pesto alcohol ink to achieve the perfect colour.


This card is going to someone as a Birthday card, so it is already on its way to the recipient.

Thanks for stopping by, xx


7 comments:

Caroline said...

Judith the fairy is gorgeous as are the layout and colours. Caroline xxx

Paula (PEP) said...

Super colours & I had to smile at your squirrel. I love the leafiness of that fairy & the way you accented that with your tattered leaves. The flower is a stunner too.
Paula (PEP)

Paula (PEP) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Doreen said...

A beautiful card,lovely image and papers.xxx

Miranda said...

Lovely card Judith and a great Autumn stamp this fairy, your friend will be happy with a beauty like this! warm greet Miranda

craftimamma said...

Lovely card Judith. Unusual fairy image and as always beautifully coloured. Fab flower too!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Hi Judith, I missed this one ! Just noticed it at Ryn's Facebook page. Beautiful work with the Autumn faerie, she is one of my favorites. Love this Design ! Have a great day, Shirleyx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...