Followers

Friday 28 September 2012

Forgotten Friday- More Alphatags


Hi Folks, it's Friday again, that means it's time to rummage through your crafty stash to see what items you have lying neglected or unused, and see what you can make with them. I have chosen to show you a couple of the Alphatags that I make each month for the Chocolate Baroque Ning swap this week, as I have used some neglected stamps on both tags.

The first tag is for the letter 'S' and I have chosen a theme of Steampunk Silver. I went with a monochromatic colour scheme, and used some stamps from the Steampunk Christmas stamp plate which came out last year. I embossed some cogs on my tag using silver embossing powder, then coloured my tag with Weathered Wood Distress Ink. I stamped a script stamp over some of the remaining area, and then edged the tag with Black Soot Distress Ink.

I stamped and embossed a steampunk poinsettia onto grey card twice with silver embossing powder, then coloured one of these with Black Soot Distress Ink, using the embossing powder as a resist. I cut both flowers up, and curled them slightly. I layered them up, added a cog in the centre, and then put Glossy Accents in the middle of the cog. I dropped black glass glitter into the Glossy Accents, and left this to dry. I added a piece of black ribbon to finish.
I have used some stamps from the Woodland Dreams stamp set for my 'T' tag. I have gone for a theme of Twilight Trees. I sponged a range of Distress Inks across the background, then embossed a set of trees onto the tag using WOW black embossing powder. I added a sentiment along the bottom, and a set of silhouette birds from a Crafty Individuals stamp set, flying in front of the moon.

Only two more sets of Alphatags to go now, and we'll be finished. It seems strange to think that we have worked our way through the entire alphabet! Some months have definitely been easier than others! There are some difficult ones to come.....

Anyway, I am off on my travels again later this afternoon. I am heading up to the North West for the Happy Stampers Show tomorrow, and am looking forward to seeing lots of crafty friends. I am then off to see my lovely Daughter Megan in Stoke tomorrow for a couple of days, and we are helping her to move again. It only seems like five minutes since the last time!

If you feel like making something with your own neglected or forgotten items, please leave a comment on this post, and I'll pop along to your blog to take a look. Thanks for stopping by, xx




7 comments:

craftimamma said...

Wonderful tags Judith. The poinsettia is gorgeous and that's one of my favourite script stamps. I love the flourishes on the writing! Your tree tag is equally lovely. Beautiful colours and that moon looks just like the moon did here tonight when I was coming back from shopping. Two CBers are going to be very lucky this month.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Both are gorgeous tags Judith. The weathered wood DI looks great with the silver embossing, very elegant. Have a great weekend, Shirleyx ps.. my post today had new stamps :) Nothing forgotten !

Paula (PEP) said...

Absolutely gorgeous both of these - I particularly like that first one - so elegant yet grungy & I love the idea of that glass glitter.
The trees look super in the Twilight & just love the delicacy of that moon.
Shall try to get my act together for something forgotten.
Hope you have a very wonderful time at Happy Stampers & safe travelling.
Paula (PEP)

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Both absolutely stunning, I love the cogs on the first one and the colours on the second are stunning
Lindsay xx

Elaine said...

Two beautiful tags here Judith. Love the steampunk silver and your colouring on the twilight card is gorgeous. I love those trees. Two lucky ladies will be very happy this month! Elaine xxx

Gerrina said...

NBoth tags are so stunning! Love the combi steampunk-zilver and the background of the second one is so weel colored! Greetings, Gerrina

Miranda said...

Lovely tags Judith and that first one is so chique! warm greet Mirandax

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...