Followers

Sunday 22 July 2012

AE Challenge- Travel


Hi Folks, it's time for another challenge over at the Altered Elusions blog, and the theme this fortnight is 'Travel'. You can make whatever you like to enter into the challenge, so why not have a go? There are some great prizes.


Lindsay from LEJ designs is offering the Winner 3 digi images of their choice.

Jess from Floppy Lattes is offering a $10 voucher to spend in the shop.


Heather from Fresh Brewed Designs is offering 3 Digis of the Winners choice.

I have used a couple of images from Floppy Latte in my project this week, 'Sea Captain' and 'Ship'. I printed the ship image onto a digital download from Chocolate Baroque. It is Called 'Around the World'. It is such a useful download, it is like a grid, suggesting an old map possibly. I burnt the edges with a candle. I then spritzed the background, and rubbed some coffe over the damp areas to age the surface. I raided the kitchen even further by adding some netting to my background used to hold some oranges. I threaded some string through the background in a large running stitch.

I added a tando compass, coloured with Distress ink, and stamped an anchor and a saying taken from the 'Seashell Collage' stamp set from Chocolate Baroque. I coloured the sea captain with Polychromos. I have used a piece of pearlescent blue card as the mat for my project as a suggestion of the sea.

I had a lot of fun making this project! I don't normally make nautical projects, so this was a real change for me.

We have just come back from a weekend up at the Norfolk coast. We visited lots of coastal gems like Wells next the sea;

Aren't these beach huts gorgeous?

We also visited Sheringham and Cockley Cley, I just want to show you that we did enjoy beautiful blue skies just for a day or two!


I hope that you are enjoying lovely weather today, it looks set to be fabulous all week now fingers crossed.

Don't forget to pop over to the AE blog to see what my Design Team mates have been making, and thanks for stopping by, xx

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Love it Judith, fab embelishments xx

Sue said...

fabulous card Judith, love the layout.
Wonderful photos too, thanks for sharing

Sue

Kathryn said...

Fabby Make Judith xx

Aquarius said...

A great nautical card and very inventive use of kitchen items! Love the blue skies in your photos - we have some today too.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous as always hun, just love it xx

Zoe said...

Fab card Judith, love all the textures, xxx

debbi taylor said...

brilliant!
I so need to use my polychromos more!
hugs
Debbi x

Purple mad Alison said...

Brilliant card, love the netting too!
Wells-next-the-sea is a darling little place isn't it? I adore those wee beach huts, you had better weather than when we were there though!
Hugs Alison x x

Paula (PEP) said...

I love all the ingenuity involved in creating this & that blue mat picking out his hat is terrific. The netting with the string is so effective & I love the way you picked out his scarf/collar with a toning colour. I could get quite fond of this chap.
Wonderful photos - those beach huts look great fun for design inspiration too.
Paula (PEP)

craftimamma said...

Smashing card Judith and some very clever elements. Thanks for sharing the lovely photos of your all too brief time away. I've never been to that area and it definitely looks well worth a visit.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...