Followers

Tuesday 19 June 2012

Pretty Steampunk Beetle


Hi folks, I'd like to show you another sample using the new Steampunk stamps recently released over at Chocolate Baroque I have chosen to use a feminine colour palette for my sample and picked some lovely pinks and oranges, which I have offset with a bright green.

I started by making a background with Pan Pastels, and then sponged through the Reverse Chicken Wire template from Crafter's Workshop with Versamark ink. I went over this with more of the same Pan Pastel colours that I had used for the background. I stamped the large cog and flower stamp from the Punky Romance stamp plate, using Versamark ink again, and covered this with Pan Pastels as well.

I cut out some flowers and leaves from handmade paper, and coloured these with Pan Pastels. The flowers were coloured with pink and orange, and the leaves were coloured with two shades of green. I stamped the darker areas of the leaves with the little coggy tree from the Steampunk Christmas stamp plate.

I stamped the beetle onto white card twice, and coloured it with Polychromos pencils. I decoupaged the layers, and brushed some gold mica pwder over the top, before adding Glossy Accents to the beetle's body and the clock face.

I scrunched the flowers, fixing them together with brads, and attached them to the card. I stuck cogs into the centres and filled these with Glossy Accents. I then filled the centres with seed beads. I added a sentiment and a couple of cogs to finish.

These stamps are such fun to work with. Why not pop over to the Design Team blog over the coming days to see what my Design Team mates have been making with them? Thanks for stopping by, xx

10 comments:

Aquarius said...

This is gorgeous and here's me trying to resist ordering that stamp set!! I just love the way you've managed to combine the steampunk look with the pretty flowers - great work as usual.

Elaine said...

Judith, I am lucky enough to have seen this card IRL when we visited you and I know it really glows. Such gorgeous warm colours, it really is lovely and the flowers add a special touch. Great showcasing of the scope of pan pastels. Elaine xxx

Paula (PEP) said...

The use of cogs with flowers & all the background detail (not least your blog design co-ordinating with your project!) is just uplifting this dreary wet morning. That chicken wire reversed looks super & I must give mine an outing.
Paula (PEP)

Miranda said...

Hi Judith, saw this one before and it still is so lovely! I really love your new blog lay-out, great with those poppy's! warm greet and hugs, Mirandax

Paula Whittaker said...

beautiful colour choice....like how youve used these stamps.

Marja's Stamp Addiction en Marja's Creativity said...

This is stunning, what a beautiful work. Like the composition and the beautiful flowers and colors.
Lovely greet
Marja

Unknown said...

Stunning work Judith, love the flowers, and the colours are fab xx

Linda Simpson said...

Hello Judith this is my first visit. I am so loving your card it is fabulous. I love steampunk and the flowers are stunning.

Hugs
Linda xxx

I am now following :)

Cumbrianlass said...

Hi Judith,
What a wonderful card full of interesting bits. I love the layout and the flowers are beautiful,
Have just become a follower, you have some wonderful creations on your blog.
Janet

Sue said...

WOW this is stunning Judith, the colours are gorgeous and the flowers are wonderful
Sue

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...