Followers

Thursday 22 March 2012

T'wit T'woo


Hi Folks, some of you may have seen the latest show from IndigoBlu yesterday on Create and Craft. There are some great new stamps available. I thought I'd show you a couple of cards that I made featuring the lovely large owl stamp hand drawn by Kay. Both of these cards got an airing on the show, so those of you that watched it, will recognise them.

The first card is an easel card, made using Distress inks. I stamped the owl onto the card, and then masked it to stamp the branch afterwards. I then decoupaged two layers over the top, which I coloured with Polychromos pencils. I used a sentiment from the 'Hocus Pocus' stamp plate which I felt went well with this image.

The second card uses Flitterglu and copper gilding flakes for the main image. I have placed this into an oval aperture which has been created partly by stamping some ivy leaves around the bottom. These leaves come with the owl stamp. This is such a useful little stamp.


I'll be back with some more samples soon, thanks for stopping by, xx

9 comments:

veronica said...

missed the show, but love the owls Judith! Will catch up with you at Thetford, hope your shoulder is getting better

Marja's Stamp Addiction en Marja's Creativity said...

Love your owls Judith. Marvelous and beautiful.
Warm greet Marja

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

I missed the show, but these are 2 gorgeous cards Judith, I love the top one especially.

Sue x

Paula (PEP) said...

Both of these are gorgeous & I especially like the soft background you created in the second one. Your soft colouring of the owl in the first is a joy & he sits so majestically on that branch. I must admit I have a love of ivy stamps.
Paula (PEP)

Elaine said...

These are gorgeous cards Judith I love that owl image, He sits perfectly in the tree and I lobe the ivy aperture you have created on the second. I missed these programmes, sadly, it's hopeless trying to keep up with programmes for me during the working well. Elaine xxx

Miranda said...

Great owls Judith, love the first colour combination! And the ivy aperture is great.Hope you are feeling a little bit better? warm greet Miranda

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Love those owls and what you have done with them. Stunning !

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Love those owls and what you have done with them. Stunning !

vinny said...

Thanks Judith, had to nip off and order him after seeing this !! he is gorgeous and I cannot resist owls x Lavinia

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...