Followers

Thursday 29 March 2012

Pan Pastels use bright colours


I've had some Pan Pastels sitting in my craft stash for several months. I bought them at a craft show last year, used them once, and then didn't use them anymore. I've recently had them out again, as I've been making some samples for IndigoBlu combining the Pan Pastels with Flitterglu and gilding flakes.

The Pan Pastels blend beautifully, the colours are vibrant, and make gorgeous backgrounds. I like to stamp with Perfect Pearls, and swipe some more colour over the top to create some great layers too. This is a tip that I picked up from Linda Brown at Ally Pally last year.

On Sunday, Kay and Alfie from IndigoBlu will be at the Sincerely Yours Show at Thetford in Norfolk. Hopefully, they'll have some of my samples with them. Are any of you going? If so, look out for me, as I'm popping along too for a bit of retail therapy.

Here's a card I've made using Pan Pastels, incorporating some of my favourite stamps. There's a Stamp Camp butterfly, a script stamp from Indigoblu, and a flourish from Tim Holtz. The colours are quite bright, so I'm entering it for this week's Pan Pastels challenge which is to use bright colours.


Having looked at some of the entries so far, I might not have made my card bright enough, lol!

Thanks for stopping by, xx

8 comments:

Jo Capper-Sandon said...

It's bordering on 'neon'...what a stunning vibrant blue that is! Beautiful composition Judith.

Paula (PEP) said...

Definitely bright - it's gleaming from my screen. Love the way you've stamped the script with the scroll & then used the ribbon to help draw the eye towards the butterfly. Hope the shoulder's improving. I shall keep my eye out for the Indigoblu products at the next Craft Show I get to.
Paula (PEP)

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

This is beautiful Judith, a gorgeous bright blue. I love the stamps you've used and after watching the show last weekend on C and C, Pan Pastels are on the top of my shopping list when I go to Ally Pally next month.

Sue x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Judith certainly vibrant what a lovely blue. Hope to see you at Thetford . Suexxx

Brenda Brown said...

A striking card Judith and I love your bright blue, it's just perfect.
Thanks for linking this to the PanPastel UK challenge this week.
hugs {brenda{ xox

Gillian .... said...

Striking indeed,love the vibrancy and great composition, thanks for sharing at PanPastel UK.

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

Really stunning card, lovely use of the PanPastels, I wanted to go to the thetford papercraft show but unfortunately can't make it, I am a bit gutted especially now that I know indigoblu will be there because I love their stamps. Thanks for joining in with the PanPastel challenge blog
Lindsay xx

craftimamma said...

I'm definitely falling in love with the Pan Pastels and need some of those pretty colours. Wish I was going to AP with you all then these would be top of my list.

Love the card altogether Judith and you've used a gorgeous collection of stamps for your design.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...