Followers

Tuesday 13 September 2011

Birthday Card for a Friend

Hi Folks, I'm safely back from Italy now, we arrived home last night. Lake Garda was as beautiful as ever, and the week passed very quickly. We visited Venice, Milan and Verona, as well as local towns around the Lake, with stunning views. We went with my Brother-in-law and his wife, My Mother and Father-in-law, and also my Son, so a group of seven of us. We didn't have a drop of rain all week, and the temperatures reached 32 degrees which was about as much as I could bear!


One of my favourite places to visit is Gardone, a town on the Lake, and a house there called Il Vittoriale, with beautiful gardens, reminiscent of Portmerion. I've been there twice now, and just love the atmosphere, it's so peaceful.




It's the Birthday of a very good friend of mine today. I made her card before I went away, and wanted to incorporate things that meant something to her. I created a background using some leaves from my garden, as she loves Nature, and her own lovely garden. Hopefully she'll come and see my garden IRL one day, and I'll get to see hers. We are crafting buddies, but long distance, only meeting at Craft Shows, and days out. I used a technique that I found on Marja's Blog. She gives a link in this  post, to where she found the technique. I sprayed some watercolour paper with Cosmic Shimmer sprays, after I had laid my fig leaves onto the paper. I then placed another piece of the paper on top, making a sandwich, and ran this through my Big Shot. The result is this lovely piece of paper.

I used a piece of background paper from a lovely 12 x 12 pad that I hoard in my stash with butterflies on  a teal background. I stamped the gardening lady stamp onto a piece of card coloured with Distress Inks, and matted onto a Nestie frame. I used a new Crealie Flower die to make the flowers from some left over card, adding large pearl brads. This image reminded me of my friend as soon as I saw it, and I bought it with her Birthday card in mind, several months ago. I bought it from an Ebay store that she herself frequents!
Some teal ribbon, and a butterfly charm finish the card off. I know that she has received the card, and I hope that she is having a very special Birthday.

Thanks for stopping by today, xx

6 comments:

craftimamma said...

Ooooh, I just know she loves it before she even says so! It's gorgeous Judith! I love that beautiful piece of paper and must try that technique. You certainly did pick the right image too and it fits our buddy to a T.

Stunning photos of your holiday. I'm going to show them to my OH to see if I can't tempt him, lol!

So glad you had a good time my friend.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

JoZart Designs said...

Lucky you! I adore Lake Garda and long to return. Such a great holiday destination. Glad you enjoyed it.
Your card is so special for your friend with great detail and lovely colour tones.
Love Jo x

Aquarius said...

Welcome back from your lovely holiday and thanks for sharing the pictures, That card is beautiful and that is an interesting technique which I must remember and have a try,

Marja's Stamp Addiction en Marja's Creativity said...

First what a wonderful and beautiful pictures of the Lake. I've been there onze and found this nature so beautiful too.
A marvelous card you made and nice to see that you have used the leave- technique. Cool huh?
Lovely greet
Marja

Elaine said...

Well Judith, I am the lucky lady looking at this beautiful card on my mantlepiece. It has pride of place. Thank you so much. It is just perfect in everyway for me, you know my tastes and the things that matter to me. I just love that fig leaf background, amazing texture and colours - I am going to have to experiment now I have my own Big Shot. That stamp is gorgeous too, you know I love ferns. I don't actually have that one, I may need to succumb! Plus of course beautiful blooms from the Queen of Flowers.

Those holiday pics are gorgeous, I could almost imagine I was there. A place to add to our hpliday wish list I think.

Thank you for helping make my birthday special.

Elaine xxxx

Miranda said...

Hi Judith, glad to have you back here and that you've enjoyed your holidays! Italy is great and very inspirational I think. This card is so beautiful! Your friend is lucky to have that and that technique is really great. I have already admired that on the original blog from Miekske and Marja, warm greetz, Mirandaxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...