Followers

Friday 26 August 2011

Forgotten Friday 30- Black and White


Hi folks, it's Friday again, and time to rummage through your forgotten stash. I'm not at home right now, although I should be on my way back, as we speak. I've been visiting my parents in the North East of England, as it's approaching my Mum's birthday. So, this is a scheduled post.

This week, I have chosen to make a black and white card, which is not a frequent colour choice for me, I have to say. I did cheat a bit, and add slight touches of colour though! I chose a lovely backing paper from an old Graphicus Guild paper pack as my starting point, which I matted onto black card. I coloured some of the details with touches of grey and blue pencil, and edged the paper with Black Soot Distress Ink. I added a KaiserCraft rub on, bought at a Graphicus Retreat, and I had just stored these away and forgotten about them completely. I'm not a great rub on fan, but I liked these sentiments, there are some lovely ones in the set.

I then made a flower using some waxed paper packing that I had received with a craft parcel, and saw the potential for crafting with it. I stamped some wording on it with Black Stazon, but it doesn't show up very well, sadly. I will try other methods of altering, and see how it works. I edged the layers with the Black Soot Distress Ink, and added a large black brad.

Finally, I added a large Stamp Camp butterfly coloured with Antique Linen Distress Ink, to complete the card.
Don't forget to have a look through your stash to see what you have been neglecting. If you feel like making something, add a comment to my post, and I'll pop along to take look. Thanks for stopping by, xx

9 comments:

Paula Whittaker said...

ooo another elegantly stamped creation!

Sandra said...

Beautiful card, Sandra

Aquarius said...

Beautiful card Judith,  I love that background paper and I'm still hoarding a piece of it!  Here is my card this week also using Chocolate Baroque products.

Christine B. said...

Morning Judith, a very stunning elegant card. I love it. Hugs x ChrisB

Marja's Stamp Addiction en Marja's Creativity said...

Beautiful Judith. love the background and the flower and buterfly. Your card is so elgant. Splendid.
greet
Marja

vinny said...

Hi Judith, another stunning card. I`ve managed to join in this week over at httxp://kitchentablecraftblogspot.com/ x Lavinia

craftimamma said...

Hi Buddy, this is gorgeous and I always love the elegance of black and white so this pushes the right buttons for me, definitely!

The flower looks fab and I'm sure I had a parcel recently with some of that waxed paper in which I too hoarded. I'll be blowed if I can remember where I put it though, lol!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Jo said...

Judith, I bought some Kaisercraft rub ons at that same retreat and I had forgotten about mine too. I must look them out and try them as you have a lovely result here. I admit rub ons make me nervous. Well done for experimenting with that packaging too. I am a great believer in recycling.

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A beautiful card Judith, I always think that black and white always look so elegant. I'm glad to say that after 2 1/2 weeks without internet while we changed providers, I am at last back on line and can join in again. Here is my contribution to this weeks Forgotten Friday.

Sue

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...