Followers

Saturday 4 June 2011

Dandelion Fairy

Hi folks, it's not often that I post on a Saturday I know, however, I had a rare chance to make a tag yesterday, just for fun. It wasn't for a challenge, or a swap, just a bit of relaxing time.

I stuck to my comfort zone of a Distress Ink background, as I wanted to achieve a certain colour. I used Old Paper, Mustard Seed, and Crushed Olive, blended and then spritzed with water. I used three stamps by Clarity stamps, available from Chocolate Baroque  which I stamped in Versafine ink. I stamped the verse in Onyx Black at the top of the tag, followed by the fairy at the bottom in a darker green. I stamped the individual leaf around the edges. I then coloured a piece of scrap card with the same colour Distress Inks and stamped the fairy and the leaves again. I cut the top layers of the fairy's dress out, and highlighted the stems with Glamour Dust. I highlighted all of the remaining leaf stems with a white pencil.


Just a quick note also to say that I have posted my latest project on our joint blog Some of you will have seen it already, as you follow both blogs, but if you haven't, please pop over and take a look. The details of how I made it are all over there.

Thanks for stopping by today, have a great weekend, whatever you are up to, Judith xx

6 comments:

Aquarius said...

So glad you managed to have some 'me' time yesterday and you spent it well - this is delightful and the colouring just right for the subject.

Marja's Stamp Addiction en Marja's Creativity said...

Your cards are amazing and beautiful colours.
Gr. Marja

Unknown said...

Hi Judith!!

I've already seen teh book on the CSQ blog. Its fab.

I love the tag. I saw those stamps on Chocolate Baroque and thought they were lovely but I probably wouldn't be able to do them justice. This tag definitely does them justice!

love

Jill
x

Christine B. said...

Gorgeous tag and beautiful colouring. Just perfet for a dandelion fairy. Enjoy the rest of the weekend. Hugs x ChrisB

Elaine said...

Perfect tag Judith. Lovely use of these stamps and the colouring is just right. Elaine x

craftimamma said...

Perfect colours to compliment the stamps Judith. How nice that you got to make something for the total pleasure of it. Not often that happens eh, so all the more pleasurable when it does.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...