Followers

Tuesday 5 April 2011

Chocolate Baroque Doodle stamps

Hi folks, today I like to show you a card that I made using the new Doodle stamps from Chocolate Baroque. We were given these on the Design Team to play with recently, and had a great time with them.

For this particular sample, I decided to use soft colours, and a Spring palette. I made a stair step card, and instructions for this can be found at http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ in the resources section. You do not have to be a member to use the resource section, just trawl through, and you'll find some great card shapes and techniques over there.

Anyway, I used paper from the Essence of Nature CD to cover the panels of my card, and matted this onto pale green card. I cut an oval, stamped my images with Versamark, and embossed them using pearl white embossing powder. I coloured the oval using Distress Inks. I stamped four butterflies onto shrink plastic, and attached those to the step panels, and added a piece of green seam binding ribbon. A sentiment finishes the card.
I loved working with these soft colours, as I often work with much brighter colours.
The other Design Team members have been posting some of their samples on the Chocolate Baroque Design Team blog, and their own blogs, which can be accessed from the Design Team blog. You can reach the blog from my sidebar. Do go and take a look. Thanks for stopping by today, Judith xx

12 comments:

Miranda said...

Love your stairstepcard and also the soft colours! Greetz and a nice day, Mirandaxx

Aquarius said...

Yet another beautiful crd and I love the delicate colouring

Debbie said...

Hi Judith. Beautiful card using soft colours. I like the shape.
Debbie

vinny said...

Hi Judith, another gorgeous card. I like these more unsual card shapes. x Lavinia

craftimamma said...

You know this one is a hit with me because of the gorgeous soft colour which is definitely up there with my favourites. Beautiful image and lovely folded card make for a sure winner.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Elaine said...

Lovely card Judith. I love the soft colour and this all works so well in the step stair design. A really great card Judith. Elaine x

Sarah said...

Beautiful card Judith! x

Marja's Stamp Addiction en Marja's Creativity said...

Hi Judith, a gorgeous card. I love the soft colours and the stair step is beautiful.
Gr. Marja

ikki said...

You have worked the stamps and colours and layout beautifully!

LizM said...

Love this card - those doodle stamps are going to be mighty useful. Definitely a must-have. Gorgeous soft colours - I love it!
Liz M x

anita01 said...

Schitterend mooi de kleuren, ochhhh ik hou ervan.

Warme gr. Anita

Paula (PEP) said...

Such a delightful use of the stepper format & I love the touch of using shrink plastic for the butterfly embellishments.
Paula (PEP)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...