Followers

Friday 18 March 2011

Bah Humbug Metallics

The theme over on the Bah Humbug blog this week is metallics. I have made two cards using my favourite colours. Years ago, I had my colours analysed, and was described as a 'Winter' person, dark haired with fair skin, able to wear strong colours like Aubergine and Teal, Black and White. I hate the cold, so I am not a natural Winter person, but I love the colour Aubergine, and this is what I have used on my first card. I took a piece of metal that colour, and embossed it through my Big Shot with a Kabuka mould, and then refined it with my tools. After sticking the metal to a tag, I used the 'controlled squish' technique taught by Linda Brown of LB Crafts to create the harlequin pattern, and drew some squiggles on every other diamond. I aged my piece of metal by rubbing black acylic paint over it, and wiping off the excess.
I stamped my Elusive Images bauble onto pearlescent card with Versamark, and then used Moonglow embossing powder to give a lovely metallic sheen. I added two types of Burgundy ribbon through the top of my tag, and a burgundy bow to the top of my bauble. I embossed the sentiment using Versamark and Moonglow embossing powder again straight onto the Artylicious backing paper.
For my second card, I chose to use another Eluse Images stamp, which I stamped onto acetate, using Stazon. I then applied my adhesive, and metal leaf, before matting this onto silver mirri card. I used a backing paper with the matching image totie everything together, then added a ribbon with a metal snowflake charm. 

This is my third week as a Guest Designer on the Bah Humbug blog, only one more week to go, the time is just flying by! Don't forget to pop over there to see what everyone else is getting up tp. Thanks for stopping by, Judith xx

6 comments:

Aquarius said...

Two beautiful Christmas cards using the metallic theme - love them both and thanks for showing us two different approaches. Thinking cap is on - back later hopefully.

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Two beautiful cards, with two very different looks.

Sue

Max said...

WOW Judith!
Your ideas for our challenges never fail to leave me in awe of your creative talent. Once again I've been overwhelmed with your beautiful cards ... using wonderful colours and fabulous techniques! We couldn't ask for anything more - thank you so much xxx

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Max's Craft Creations
Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

Christine B. said...

Two stunning card love them both. Hugs x ChrisB

craftimamma said...

I have seen these two gorgeous cards today too and they are even more beautiful in real life. My favourite is the second one but only by a whisker.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

camcraft said...

Oh My Judith .. I am blown away by your creations .. totally superb. I have had a wonderful time searching the 'controlled squish technique' Soooo interesting. Would love to know please where I can find a 'how to' on your second card using the 'Adhesive and metal leaf
Carole x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...